Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ponderings

Threads: 13
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Crystal
Out of curiosity, I just have to wonder what those of you who heard about George Lucas selling Lucasfilm thought about Disney buying it. It makes me wonder about a couple of things to be honest.

--A. How much longer until Square Enix sells out to Disney?
--B. ...Are we really going to see Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts 3?
--C. Would you rather never see SE sell out to Disney period?

Keep it civil, please.
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Quite frankly I couldn't care less what happens to Square Enix anymore. Their games lately have been nothing but disappointing and well, the founder of Final Fantasy Hiranobu Sakaguchi isn't even with Square Enix anymore, he left and started another company called Mistwalker...
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(11-10-2012, 07:17 PM)Abel.Emporia Wrote: A. How much longer until Square Enix sells out to Disney?

Until they realize they can make more money by selling the franchise than continuing making non-innovative games. Their only motivation is profit.

(11-10-2012, 07:17 PM)Abel.Emporia Wrote: Are we really going to see Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts 3?

Unless point A become reality, no. In that case it would be a disgrace for Star Wars.

(11-10-2012, 07:17 PM)Abel.Emporia Wrote: Would you rather never see SE sell out to Disney period?

I wish SE never sacrifice originality for making their market bigger in the first place. Final Fantasy becoming a mainstream franchise outside the video game industry is only the logical next step to make more money. But hey, maybe you guys will end up with a Final Fantasy theme park somewhere in the U.S.

Find