Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Starting at WoR

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Hi. As mentioned alrdy I am working on a Boss exhibition, and for that I want the game to start at The World of Ruin. (due to many reasons but mainly to be able to empty alot of space on the rom by deleting numerous World or balance only things)

Now I am trying to figure out the smoothest way to do so and for that I wanted to know this:

I have my Fully hacked rom.

Now if I download a clean savegame from lets say Where terra wakes up with cid on the island, it obviously will be from the original game. If now i load this savegame With my hacked rom, Will Everything i changed work properly, or are there things that require the savegame to be played from scratch on the fully hacked rom? (im guessing changed mobs maps and events etc will obviously work since they are only loaded on encounter, but what about for example all the bugfix patches, are ther conflicts that can come up or are all those things rechecked on loading the savegame?)

Because I think that would be the smoothest way to do it if it poses no problems.

*edit* Actually I figured a (I admit stupidly obvious) better way, I Will release an ips patch with the instructions to only patch the rom after reaching WOR since WOB will be unplayable (basically like any monster patch *duh* only that as said WoB will be completely useless). That way you can use your own savegame provided you didnt play any hardtype (or easytype if ppl seriously play those), since those usually alter things about the characters or loot or skills or items or similar stuff.

Cheers =)
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
Please make a project thread in the project forum and keep all your work in that thread. :p
  Find

Status
None
Yes sir Tongue
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Your solution will work, but if you want something a little cleaner, I think I have an idea:

First to answer your question... any vanilla savegame in WoR should work as long as you didn't heavily alter the event bits in your game, if you did, then you need to alter the event bits set in the savegame to make sure you haven't messed up the progression of your WoR-only hack.

That being said, You could also redirect the opening event to a new event, written by you, that sets up all the necessary WoB event bits to ensure nothing is blocked off or WoB events that may play in WoR if not set... then jump to the opening of the WoR. Then any new game will jump right into it and the game and saving should work just fine from there. Then you wouldn't need a save file for everytime you wanted to start over (like everyone here doesn't have 150 million save files laying around anyway... but still).

This sounds like a really interesting project, keep at it.
  Find

Status
None
Thanks and no worries, I will.

Heres the official Thread

https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=1874

This can be closed
  Find