Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How to get rid of the Magitek statut in battle

Threads: 76
Thanks Received: 9
Thanks Given: 13
Status
None
Hi, can someone help me, I'm trying to get rid of the magitek status in battle for a project..I replaced 89 by fd everywhere.Is there another way

CA/5E72: 89 Inflict the following status ailments on character $00 (Actor in stot 0): M-Tek
CA/5E76: 89 Inflict the following status ailments on character $0E (Actor in stot 14): M-Tek
CA/5E7A: 89 Inflict the following status ailments on character $0F (Actor in stot 15): M-Tek

(Thanks angelo for your help on finding this)
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
$89 is a four-byte command, so you'd need to $FD out the three bytes after the initial $89 as well.

An alternative is changing $89 to $88 in those three cases. $88 is the command to remove a status, so you'd be removing a status the characters presumably don't have anyway, effectively doing nothing.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 76
Thanks Received: 9
Thanks Given: 13
Status
None
Thank you Synchysi! The 88 method didnt work for the magitek armor, I had to put fd after the every bytes after command.It work :-) thanks again!

Now that I checked angelo answer again, he said the same things (change every codes)but I got confused and changed only the 89 codes! So much to learn!
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Also having issue with this, I would like to remove the M-tek sequence from the start of the game, eg play with Terra, Biggs and Wedge as normal, non M-tek sprites and abilities.

[EDIT] Nevermind, I just had to change hex editors Tongue
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Good to see you breaking into coding Astaroth. Yes, what Synchysi said.

Also, for the beginning of the game. I think I remember hearing something about MTek and the "Met Arvis" event bit. Taken from the event bit document:

Code:
Bit RAM  Description
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
001 80:1 Met Arvis (disables a Magitek Armor-related function in the mines)
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
(12-13-2012, 10:22 AM)ntzrmtthihu777 Wrote: Also having issue with this, I would like to remove the M-tek sequence from the start of the game, eg play with Terra, Biggs and Wedge as normal, non M-tek sprites and abilities.

[EDIT] Nevermind, I just had to change hex editors Tongue

How'd you do it?
  Find

Status
None
It's detailed in the first post. Astaroth listed the addresses where Terra, Biggs and Wedge are granted MagiTek status. All you need to do is replace the relevant bytes with $FD.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
Runic
(01-05-2013, 03:24 PM)Synchysi Wrote: It's detailed in the first post. Astaroth listed the addresses where Terra, Biggs and Wedge are granted MagiTek status. All you need to do is replace the relevant bytes with $FD.

Ok, cool. Thats all I needed to know, man. Thanks.

does CA stand for 202 on the address there?
  Find

Status
None
CA/0000 is part of the CPU addressing. All you need to do is subtract 0xC00000 from it to get the hex offset you'll need to edit.

For example, the first address Astaroth listed is CA/5E72. Subtract 0xC00000 from that and you get 0xA5E72.

Keep in mind that if you're working with a headered ROM, you'll need to add 0x200 to your result to get to the desired offset.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
Runic
Ok, I see now. Thanks.
  Find