Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
(request) Esper transformation scene

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I finally finished a new transformation sprite for a friend but i missed one. after the battle with kefka on narshe terra transforms for the first time and flies off into a overhead flight scene. i created Terra's other trans sprites on pages 147&159 of FF3USME but the flight scene is still the old trans form. I assume this has to be changed in HEX or ASM, which i just do sprites. I was wondering if someone who is able could create a patch that removes the the esper terra sprite from the overhead flight scene so the scene just appears in flight first-person, it should be easy if you know how to find the sprite for that scene. This would make it easier to create custom trans sprites without having to edit the game for that one scene.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Should be pretty easy.

Code:
CC/BF77: 6B    Load map $0000 (World of Balance) instantly, (upper bits $0400), place party at (84, 34), facing up, party is in the airship
CC/BF7D: FD        Change graphic to Esper Terra

I would imagine you'd just need to change the byte at CC/BF7D to $D1, which would hide the vehicle display. I don't have a chance to test it at the moment, but I can create the patch later if no one's done it by the time I get back home.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
None
I would appreciate it a lot Synchysi. like i said i only do spriting so in the future if you need some work done maybe i can return the favor. It seems an easy solution would be to have the esper sprite(s)animation referance a two of the blank unused sprite slots that appear in FFUSME? i see there's some blank sprites that appear in FFUSME Slots 126, 128, 130, 132, 134, 136, 138. if the flying esper terra used any of these sprites then they would appear blank which should result in an invisible esper terra, allowing her flight scene to appear first-person view. This would be easier than me having to have separate transformation sprites imported for each one, so i can make even more replacement trans sprites and they can be made use of by people that don't know hex. Laugh

Since you will probably want to test it Synchysi you can find a save state below that is the battle with kefka at narshe, right aterwards is the scene with terra flying off to zozo.

http://www.fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy...Cliffs.zip
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
I don't think that version of esper Terra uses any of the traditional sprite slots, as it's technically a vehicle. Some time ago I looked for a way to edit vehicles as I wanted to change a palette, but I couldn't find anything. Not that I looked especially hard, but yeah. Sweat

http://synchysi.firefish.org/ff6h/no_esper_terra.rar

All this patch does is tell the game to hide the vehicle at that point rather than change it to esper Terra.

There are two patches in the archive: One for a headered ROM (h-), one for an unheadered ROM (n-), since I didn't know which you were using.

Thanks for the state, by the way. It saved me a frame-skipped run through the early part of the game.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
None
THANKS Synchysi that's EXACTLY the result i was aiming for, simple and to the point! This would be a nice patch for the database. Now i can add my angel/esper to the shared database!
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
this should be in the requests section

moved

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
sorry, and thanks Poco. i didn't realize there was a request section, will remember next time. still learning the site.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
its appreciated thank you

and no problem, I suppose we should make it into a major section instead of a sub section

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC