Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Esper/angel transformation

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I been working on a sprite for a friend and pretty much have it finish. I'm new so im not sure if anyone would be interested in it since it's my first Sprite. The idea behind angel esper was to replace terra's energy looking sprite to be more in line with the traditional form espers. This form highlights her father's blood with the silver hair and the angel wings from maduins holy aspect. i've done some graphics work before but the limit 16bit sprites, tile size, and limited colors was a hurdle at each animation for how picky i am lol. It originally was going to be just a BOF import but it sat unfinished for months until recycled. I used some partial templates from terra mixed with bof, some inspiration From deviant , and a lot of my own custom work.

here's a preview
[Image: fcaae661b07f1b5dd32502e15ca97e07b5eaf79a...c40d6g.jpg]

Here's the complete sheet
[Image: druidx-other-angel-trans.png] [Image: druidx-other-angel-trans-147.png] [Image: druidx-other-angel-trans-159.png]
special thanks to kurogamixxi for providing the hairstyle inspiration.

The sheet is made to replace the trans sprite and will need a little tweaking for a PC. also this will not change the terra flight scene sprite when she zooms off to zozo after the Narshe cliff battle with kefka. a patch has been provided or located by Synchysi that will remove the terra flight sprite so it appears first-person. this was the easiest solution to adding a custom transformation without having to change the terra sprite vehicle via hex. it can be founds below.

no-esper patch

hope everyone enjoys the sprite. this turned into a nightmare of a project as the movement and wing animations were redone 3-4 times because of the limited tile animations didn't look right in the end
  Find

Threads: 76
Thanks Received: 9
Thanks Given: 13
Status
None
Very good! I really love the wings! Its a good mix of maduin and terra :-)
Just one thing, there is blue pixel flashing( its on the neck) on a face walking sprite.
  Find

Status
None
Thanks Astaroth. I was aiming for a good wing sprite so maybe it will inspire others to do some more winged pc's and provide a template. i may use the same template for a BOF nina import.

i originally had the wings open and closing while walking from behind which looked way sweeter than the end animation. when i went to do the front view the same animation just looked bad because the elfish ears blocked most of it. i decided to keep the ears in the end. for my first 16bit sprite i ended up taking on way more than i anticipated. i'm embarrassed to say what should have took a few hours i spent a few good weeks on it. I had to rebuild a few times from scratch. i saved the previous WIP's and might be able to finish them up to provide some other renderings of Angel.

-corrected blue sprites, was a remnant of an older outline.
  Find

Threads: 76
Thanks Received: 9
Thanks Given: 13
Status
None
You worked really hard and it's a good sprite!Keep the good work Wink I'll certainly inspire myself to finish my astaroth sprite
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Can you do a male, too. I usually dump Terra for a male character, I once did a hack where Edward from FFIV is the main character and he transforms into an angel. In fact, in the Japanese version of FFIV, a townsperson says Edward has the voice of an angel, but in the US version, they just say he sings beautifully.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
it shows promise

u can always look at the esper elder for a wing reference

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Crumpledmedal- I still have a lot of work to do on a custom hack but i will add it to the top of my list when i get time to do some freework. I don't think converting angel-esper to a male is as easy a task as just changing a few things. One thing about this sprite i didn't like was using a 3rd skin color, but was required for so much skin on the sprite. The 2 tones just looked bland and it was impossible to get decent color separation with the wings added in. A male will be a completely different sprite created from scratch, although it wouldn't be hard to apply the wing sprites i saved in gimp to any current male character. I've never used a male replacement for Terra so maybe if i could get some feedback from others to help establish a picture of maybe what to aim for? for example should i still use the maduin parental gene angle? what type of outfit or gear? i was thinking maybe bare chested gold armguard gladiator type look or possibly a heavy armored paladin-angel type but im just throwing ideas out there.
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
I'd take the heavily-armed paladin look if I could ever choose.
  Find