Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Scarlet sprite sheet

Threads: 76
Thanks Received: 9
Thanks Given: 13
Status
None
I've used FEOK sprite of quistis, Dressceles of sutebenukun and daryl of zoma to make this sprite.I need to work it a bit!Give me feed back please.
[Image: other-scarlet.png]
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
You kinda need to work on the fall sprite, other than that it looks very good.

[Image: Sprite-gant.gif]
This is me, giving you the evil stare.
OmegaWeaponV5 the evil starer.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
It look decent to me. I'm not a sprite expert so my definition of decent when it comes to sprite might be below others. Btw are you french ? Your nick is "Willylechien" which is "Willy the dog" in english. Funny.
  Find

Status
None
@madsiur Oui je suis français et je viens du quebec :-) Willy le chien is an inside joke, years ago with some friends we've create an account to tease a friend in a meeting site .Its like a mascot lol I know its strange I think I'm gonna change it.

@Omegaweapon I' m gonna change fall pose sprite you're right it look wrong.

thanks for your comments
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Astaroth (Willy) And actually Omega as well; there is something you need to start doing...

that is placing the images in a [ img ] [ /img ]

linking us forces us to look at it at the other site and often the stupid tool icons block a good deal of them. Go to image details and copy the link that has the [img] thing on it and paste it on the site instead...it makes for a far easier looking experience.

I already changed it for you; so it would be easier on the people who are looking at these, just use the above for future reference, thank you.

ON A SIDE NOTE: You don't have to give use every detail on what you used to make your sprite, unless you used custom poses from a certain sprite sheet by a certain spriter (for example your Maria sprite sheet you used a couple of my custom poses) there is no need to say anything. The only time you do say it is if you did in fact use a pose in which that person is given partial credit since they created the pose and you the new sprite in it.

NOW ONTO BUSINESS: This is not a bad start. If you are making Scarlet from Final Fantasy VII use this for a reference http://it.finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Scarlet

First and foremost you need to fix the hair, almost entirely. You will have to use two blonde colors (one light one dark) and a reflection color (white) The white will already be available to you. Now you need to extend the bang on her right side and shorten the one on her left on the sprite facing us. The pony tail on the side sprites needs to be reworked to look more wild; and the back sprites it definitely needs to be changed.

You already know to resprite the knocked down sprite so I'll pass over that, but here's a tip, use another knock down sprite for a reference.

The shading of the dress must be better, she wears a form fitting slim cocktail dress, thus the pillow shading above is a no go; once again look at other sprites to get a grasp on how to shade the dress.

Get rid of the bare skin showing on the dress, it just looks odd and appears to be an error (that's due to the way the sprites are formed and is no fault of yours)

once again the hair needs more shading and there needs to be a very good discernible break between her dress and her shoes, especially because they are the same exact color.

Oh and before I forget; make her eyes normal, she may be a right evil B.i.t.c.-you get it; but she doesn't inherently look angry.

That's all I can say for now so good luck, remember to post in [ img ] [ /img ] format next time. Those are all the suggestions I can think of at the moment.
  Find

Status
None
@Sutebenu I changed the hair style, but I don't know which color choose for shading the dress. Its too dark or to light. And of course, I would like to know what to do with those hairs when she is turned.

[Image: e30fbb242787da2260cc1e96ff3ad57ee6e6ae3f...dc8f4g.jpg]
  Find

Status
None
oh this is already, leaps and bounds better than before. The on the side sprites is perfect. I would however lessen how much white there is on the front just a smidge; take the top four white pixels and turn the ends to the dark color and the middle the light hair color and replace the top of the two vertical whites (that are at the end of her bang) with a light hair color and the white should be perfectly broken up.

here's an example of what I did to the front and side sprites (just minor edits to the sides (practically did nothing to them))

[Image: imgshk.png]

and to see exactly what I did to the front sprites, here's a larger view of them:

I unfortunately do not have time at the moment to think on the back sprites, I'll get back to that later.

here's the back sprites I did; again for an example or reference completely for your use:

and here's a larger view of it:

Find

Status
None
Ok thank you! It looks great! I've tried for hours to sprite the back hair with no success
Here is what it look like, what do you think of the death pose? Does it look strange?
[Image: 6690004cafeb21df6509edc9f06e24f90aa56847...151b4g.jpg]
  Find

Status
None
ON her victory pose, don't have her back foot move, and keep the mouth the same color,

On row one sprite seven, her other leg (the one in back) needs to be the one in front. To see what I mean go look at the same sprite for the normal Terra (who also happens to be the person who should model that part off of), it kind of does it, but it needs to be a bit more obvious.

Change the casting sprite (make it more...Scarlet) The big thing here is people doing custom poses; you can easily model it off of someone and change what you want (a really dynamic one is the FFT Dancer (look it up in Spriter's Exchange...still haven't finished it))

Oh...before I forget; that is not the death sprite Astaroth, that is the "knocked down" sprite that is used for the field only. Death and Riding sprites can only be edited in FF3usSpriteEd or the latest version of FF3usME.

on that note, the knocked down sprite's curved arm needs to go two pixels further down...her arm is too short there; the other arm needs to have something else down with whether its also under her face or lying limply beside her; something needs to change there. The top high heel shape wise is good but don't forget she has three colors in it everywhere else, the heel red, the dark red and the brown color, so utilize them all. The shape of the dress and body is well...not good. Reshape it to look...human. Use the back sprite for reference when making the body proportions (these are what are known as "super deformed" sprites so it is difficult to proportion them sometimes)

You need to fix the right eye on the sprite after the closed eye ones as well as the one two over from that.

The back arms raised hair has a pixel miscolored and the arms need shading...as well as the dress. Remember the bright red is the outline (and the reflection of light upon-) of Scarlet's body, try to avoid using unnecessary bright pixels.

The first sprite on the fourth row needs to have her head redone (as in the shape and hair) look to the sprite right next to it to see what I mean.

On that note there is some rather severe miscoloring on the sprite right next to the one I told you to reference. You need to keep the hair colors (and all colors) the same and consistent as much as humanly possible; this sprite is the third on row four. In fact sprite five on row four onwards needs to be corrected and fixed up.

The sixth sprite on row 5 needs to have the black outline of her left bang go all the way to the finger (which is one pixel) and the light blonde also increased (downwards) by a single pixel.

Find

Status
None
Your dancer stand is so good when she's casting! I'm trying to inspire myself but its difficult! I'm still working on my lying sprite since yesterday loll
[Image: fe2d110e27453c6b697367f13f8d63e7db4832ad...4ed34g.jpg]
  Find