Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
General Questions

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None

More questions (perhaps frequently asked)-

1. Is there a way to edit the spells naturally learned by characters (besides Terra and Celes)?

2. What can I do to fix the side-on sprites/dead character sprites?

3. Are there any possible problems that can occur when expanding your ROM after you have allready made modifications? I assume I'm being too paranoid about this, but I just want to be safe.

Find

Status
None
1. Read this That should cover the first question. (Or you could just look in FF3usME under the actors editor then Natural magic tab, from what you said I think thats all you're looking for)

2. Going to have to define "fix".

As for expanding the rom after doing some tweaking, should not hurt, but depends on exactly what kind of tweaking you've done.

And I see what your saying, DruidX, about the spot in question on the character sheets, but I haven't seen/found/heard anything about that spot being for anything (doesn't mean there isn't information just means I haven't come across it).

Status
None
Well, is there an easy way to change the missing character sprites? ...I guess is what I meant (the dead character sprites for example).

One more question I just thought of- Can monster color pallates only be used once in order for it to not 'infect' other monsters?
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
when editing monster palettes, its very important to go about them a certain way

if you edit pal 45 for example, half of 46 will be affected, so what u should do is edit pal 47 instead

so basically edit every other palette number so that the other palettes wont be affected

also make sure you double check all monster and espers to make sure nothing else is affected (its tedious I know but worth it)

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None

All my monsters are now garbled. How does that happen and what can I do to prevent it from happening?

Also, Some monsters don't use any spells/abilities and just attack. How do I change that?
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
What changes did you make between the last time your monsters work and when they became all garbled? And what do you mean by garbled: colors, sprites, everything?

As far as abilities goes, that is all changed in the monster scripts, which can be accessed through FF3usME, however, Most scripts already use all of the space allotted to them, and changing the script will cut into another monsters script, so you have to pay attention to what you chance and how long you make the script.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I'm sure u mean 1 of the monsters looks garbled when using a 2nd palette, u can edit that so that the other monsters using the same mold wont look terrible

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None

Allright, I have a new problem. I changed the atma weapon colors to new hues without changing the lightness and darkness of each color, and now the atma weapon grafics have a solid color that looks quite different than what one would expect. I tried to change it back by copying down the numbers from an origional FF6 ROM, but it doesn't change to the standard atma look. What's the problem here?

Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
I am not sure what happened here, but were you aware of the patch that recolors the atma weapon?

Maybe playing around with this patch could give you more ideas.

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
For re-coloring the Atma Weapon 100%, assuming we're indeed talking about the weapon and not the monster, in FF3usME's Item Editor go to the weapon animaitons tab, then scroll down to items #91 and #92, the Buckler and Heavy shield. Those two shields there are actually what's coloring the Atma Weapon's 2nd and 3rd longer size! Item #29 is the shortest length of the Atma Weapon only.

Not sure if this helps whatever problem you've created for yourself, but it's good info to know nontheless.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.