Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Need help with Monster Imports

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None

I think my problem with this is from importing some pitcures that don't fit the standard sizes of the enemies I'm replacing- I'm just guessing at sizes, and I get a few that work and a few that are all messed in when I play. Sometimes the colors are all strange too.

I have a huge folder of new monsters that I spent a lot of time on, and I really want to be able to use all of them. Should I edit all of them to the closest compatible sizes or something? I'm not really sure what to do. Any tips and tricks I need to know when dealing with FF3SE?
  Find

Status
None
Not a monster replacing expert, but would think messed up pictures would be from the size of imported file vs size of replaced file. Not sure if program auto matically adjust size of replaced critter for new picture. Try exporting the original one, and scale down the new one to match before the import.

As for color, are the imported pictures indexed and at 16 colors? Know with character sprites it makes bad issues. I was using the program Grapics Gale to drop old color palettes on new pictures(30 day free trial but ot seems to adjust old picture to new sprite well enough).

Course, as I said, Im no monster editor so take advice at own risk, I could be completly talking out of my ass on this one.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
there are 2 things that u need to know,

the biggest monster size is 128X128 no exceptions, also they must be a PNG image n have no more then 16 colors

the other thing u need to know, is how they look in formations (u can check that in usme) there are molds, if the monster is bigger then the mold it will come out messed up in battle

hopefully that info should help u out

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None

Thanks.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
no problem

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC