Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help me Start

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None

Lots of these Hack programs don't seem to work with my generic version of FF3 (the SNES ROM). Does the "FF3 US 1.0" ROM require a PSX Emulator or something?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
"Does the "FF3 US 1.0" ROM require a PSX Emulator or something?"

No, no, no...... Wait, are you having problems with the hacking tools, or the ROM working on an emulator??? I'm already confused. >_<

All of the FFVI hacking programs hosted on this site are intended for the SNES ROM. Some of the programs will need your ROM to be 'headered' for them to fire up, so to speak. Sounds to me like your ROM is currently unheadered. You can add a header with SNESTool, it's really easy. Open up SNESTool and press 'A' for Add header. Then say YES to the Hi-Rom question, and NO to disable static RAM.

To see if your ROM indeed has a header, open it up with a hex editor and see if there's a bunch of '00's' there for the first 200 bytes. If there ARE, your ROM is headered. If the first 200 bytes are not a bunch of 00's, then it is NOT headered. There's an option in the hex editor to remove the header, if need be.

The latest version of FF3usME requires some DLL files and possibly a network frame update if memory serves, if you were experiencing problems with that one.

So which programs are you experiencing trouble with though so far?

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
I would hope, that a "FF3 US v1.0" rom would not need a PSX Emulator (PSX being Playstaion One), If your actually using the FF3 rom it should end with .smc requiring a SNES Emulator to actually play it.

Second, the resources on this sight are for hacking/modding the game, not running it (I may be wrong, but I don't recall seeing anything around that allowed you to play the rom directly).

Maybe I seriously misunderstood the question, if that is the case, then Gi Nattak covered pretty much everything else very nicely. I just had to comment when I saw a question asking if a SNES rom required a Playstation emulator...

Status
None

I deleted everything and re-downloaded the tools. The FF3usME won't run because it says I'm missing the mfc100u.dll file. Is FF3usME what you refer to when you say open the SNESTool?
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 24
Status
None

Status
None
You may need the ".NET framework 4" installed, as Gi Nattak mentioned. (Google it or run windows update and check in the optional stuff)

Even if FF3usME doesn't need .NET framework, many other programs for stuff like this do use it. Not a bad idea to get it if your going to make a hobby out of running rom hacking/modding programs.

Not saying it will take care of your missing dll's, but might help in other cases.

Threads: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
You can leave those dll's in the same directory as your FF3usME instead of trying to implant them into your windows installation too. Also, unless you have a good reason to do otherwise, I'd probably use version 1.1 of the rom
  Find

Status
None
I thought 1.1 would be better to take a jackhammer to (aka hack, mutilate, then attempt to play) as well. Then I started to notice more and more fixes, hacks, and documentation tended to lean toward v1.0.

If your not going on the path of mind numbing madness.... I mean hex editing, then it probably wouldn't matter though. Then again, maybe it still doesn't and I was already nutty when I started. Tis a definite possibility.

Status
None
Okay, somehow I got FF3usME to work even though there were errors in installing NET Framework 4. I didn't get the questions about the Hi-Rom or to disable static RAM after I tried to add a header it, and I don't know about Hex editing yet. I mostly spent my day exploring FF3usME just to see how much effort I want to put into this, and it looks pretty decent.

I allready changed the sprites on all the characters, but it seems there is also a color pallete issue with the monster sprites too. I made a huge file of sprites from other FF games with better coloration, not sure if that was a good idea or a bad one. Can anyone direct me to where I can get help dealing with the enemy color palletes?
  Find