Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Beginner Hex Editing question

Status
None
I once thought myself a reasonably intelligent individual, however after hours of pulling hair and beating my head on the table while reading forum after forum regarding FF6... I still find myself asking a question that seems to be very very basic as far as any of this goes...

What in the ... does C1,C2, etc refer to and how do I get to said point of editing from a smc file?

As I have already said, I've read and read and yet to find anything to tells me how to get to a point that C1 becomes relevant as a location to look for what I desire to edit. Okay, it is a databank, however I still don't see anything that points me to how to get this chunk of info or anything that differentiates it from C2 or anything else for that matter.

Forgive me, I know its noob question (this is obvious being that every "hehe" 'n noob that has ask a question already knows how to get to this point (Seriously, five "hehe"s in the same three sentence post...)) but could someone at least point me in the right direction or at least let me know what I need to learn in order to utilize such directions?

Thanks in advance for any help provided,

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I'm sure that this will answer your question.

Not to mention that there is quite a bit of information in the Hex Editing section of the Tutorial Sub-forum that should answer most of your questions, if in the event that your question remains unanswered after reading what we have there, then we would gladly answer your question to the best of our abilities.
  Find

Status
None
Thank you for the link, and yes, the explanation was there. I had been passing over that particular post due to (as mentioned in the first reply it has) the FF3usME looks to handle natural abilities. Personally haven't used FF3usME much yet either, the few things I have a hankering to modify seem to be possible judging from other discussions, problem being they also require hex editing and finding the right location, which is what led to trying to figure out how to read location addresses and jumping prior to walking...

Regardless, thanks for the giant flashing neon sign pointing me in the right direction, it was defiantly needed. Guess tomorrow's reading at work will consist of tutorials more on my level. Thanks again.

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
No problem, I happy that I was able to help you out.
  Find