Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
First Hack:FF6-a new leaf

Status
None
This is my first hack that i have recently started. this hack is a role reversal. almost every playable character was a temporary NPC or villain . they also have new commands.
Terra- Kefka-attack,morph,magic,item
locke-Leo-attack,shock,magic,item
Edgar-banon-attack,health,magic,item
sabin stays the same unless any ideas
banon-gogo-attack,runic,bushido,item
shadow-clyde-attack,throw,magic,item
gau is the same new commands-attack,lore,item
cyan-biggs-attack,magitek,magic,item
celes-wedge-attack,tools,magic,item
setzer-siegfried-attack,steal,bushido,throw
strago-ghosty-attack,control,magic,item
relm-madeen-attack,dance,magic,item
mog-kappa-attack,jump,magic,item
umaro same new command-rage
gogo has the same as before-attack,runic,bushido,item
Leo-merch-attack,gil throw,item
kefka-edgar
Also there spells 4 spells have been edited
holy-weaker less mp
flare-weaker less mp
quake is replaced-x-flare
tornado is replaced-smite
so far no text or enemies have been edited
what i need is a portrait for kefka
and possibly a replacement for sabin,gau,or umaro
Ideas?Comments?

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Your post really seems like spam. Though I approved it, I'll be watching you.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
To be honest, I don't really like the idea but you do what you want with your free time.

(06-25-2012, 07:23 AM)nooboon123 Wrote: Terra- Kefka-attack,morph,magic,item
locke-Leo-attack,shock,magic,item
Edgar-banon-attack,health,magic,item
sabin stays the same unless any ideas
banon-gogo-attack,runic,bushido,item
shadow-clyde-attack,throw,magic,item
gau is the same new commands-attack,lore,item
cyan-biggs-attack,magitek,magic,item
celes-wedge-attack,tools,magic,item
setzer-siegfried-attack,steal,bushido,throw
strago-ghosty-attack,control,magic,item
relm-madeen-attack,dance,magic,item
mog-kappa-attack,jump,magic,item
umaro same new command-rage
gogo has the same as before-attack,runic,bushido,item
Leo-merch-attack,gil throw,item
kefka-edgar

So basically this is sprite and command switching with FF3usME. It might be somewhat original but it would have a huge incidence on gameplay and the difficulty level, whether the game would be too easy or too difficult especially in the WOB, and I don't even want start to measure this... Have you thought about that (yet) ? Another thing, how do you plan to proceed with Locke scenario if he can't steal? I'm just curious.

(06-25-2012, 07:23 AM)nooboon123 Wrote: what i need is a portrait for kefka

This is something you could actually create from scratch and it would benefit the whole community. I don't know if you're a pixel artist but like event editing, ASM hacking, spriting or ROM hacking outside the cosy world of FF3usME in general, practice makes miracles.

Edit: I'm also really curious about a potential scene. Leo: "Oh Wedge! That ribbon really suit you."

Find

Status
None
Quote:So basically this is sprite and command switching with FF3usME. It might be somewhat original but it would have a huge incidence on gameplay and the difficulty level, whether the game would be too easy or too difficult especially in the WOB, and I don't even want start to measure this... Have you thought about that (yet) ? Another thing, how do you plan to proceed with Locke scenario if he can't steal? I'm just curious.

(06-25-2012, 07:23 AM)nooboon123 Wrote: what i need is a portrait for kefka

This is something you could actually create from scratch and it would benefit the whole community. I don't know if you're a pixel artist but like event editing, ASM hacking, spriting or ROM hacking outside the cosy world of FF3usME in general, practice makes miracles.

Edit: I'm also really curious about a potential scene. Leo: "Oh Wedge! That ribbon really suit you."

when i edit the text in wedge's description it will say that she hides her true gender from others

for Leo's scenario i don't know. i will probably replace him with Siegfried so it works

yes right now the difficulty is easy but like a said i haven't edited the enemies yet

and i am a decent sprite artist when it comes to character sprites sheets but not portraits. if you want i will drop this and create a hack with my own sprites.

this isn't suppose to be a big edit. it is just suppose to let you use characters you couldn't use before.

Status
Tissue-aware
(06-25-2012, 03:19 PM)nooboon123 Wrote: and i am a decent sprite artist when it comes to character sprites sheets but not portraits. if you want i will drop this and create a hack with my own sprites.

I'm not the one who decide what you put in your hack, but if you could come up with some new sprite(s), it would raise the originality level of your hack. That is just my opinion. And if you have a solution for every plot and game balance problem you will encounter with this idea, well it's for the best then.

(06-25-2012, 03:19 PM)nooboon123 Wrote: this isn't suppose to be a big edit. it is just suppose to let you use characters you couldn't use before.

This is the main problem with most of the FF3us hacks. Personally I have no preference between a hack that stick the the original story or has a totally new cast/story, but I will never play a hack that bring nothing new or innovative on the hacking level. By innovative I mean modified or new events, ASM tweaks or code modification, or at the very least totally new sprites and sprite are an addition to a hack and does not make a hack alone. I also mean something new, using only existing patches or sprites from the database doesn't bring anything new on the originality level, even if they concern music or ASM. The only other kind of hack that I find interesting are complete translation which require text from various other FF3us/j/FF6A translations and menu tweak to fit everything.

With the tools available, a lot of people who could probably play your hack have an expectation level higher than for a hack from a game which has almost no existing tool for it , an the obvious FF6A comes to my mind, hence the reason why nobody dare touching it. What I just wrote should be considered by anyone wanting to start a FF3us hack because in the end, unless you do your hack for only you, the goal is to interest others to play your hack, no?

Take a look at Gi Nattak project, FFVI: Is the best game ever hack or Pandora Box. You will see one thing common to all these hack/projects: people who did them used editor to simplify their live but went beyond the editors. I don't want to take the fun away from you doing what you do, and if it's only a small edit for fun you're doing it's great then, but this was simply in the most polite way the opinion of a veteran FFVI player and I'm sure some people in the community would share this opinion.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
There's nothing wrong with indulging yourself, but your idea as proposed would probably lack appeal from a wide audience. Now if you actually wanted to write a whole new script for this, you might have something. Not MY cup of tea mind you, but I could at least respect the effort.
  Find

Status
None
I'm surprised no one said this. Sabin -> Vargas.

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Instead of Biggs and Wedge, you should go with UltrosTongue and Chupon

[Image: rrj.gif]
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
What is all this necro posting all of a sudden ? hmm? Tongue
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
seriously

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC