Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ips conversion

Status
None
well the guardian npc i was referring to i just either delete or relocate. that's easy in which i replicate the events. in the entrance of the imperial palce i placed the kefka's tower guaridan and removed the event trigger and added the one where you battle the guaridan frm kefka's tower. it was just a way to experiment with the level editor. as for the guardian blocs the entrance, i had one hack where i moved him to the imperial palace entrance and removed his invincibility script. Laugh

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
Out of nowhere:

What is this thread doing in the IPS patch section?

-Sincerely, the guardian of order.
  Find

Status
None
it was a question how to get an ips of boundless ocean from eternal crystals (whic apparently mq never exported) and that i wanted to get an ips of exdeath's battle theme to replace fierce battle because i have an mp3 of the ff6 version of decivise battle (which i found out cannot be done simply from an mp3 or spc).

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(06-22-2012, 06:08 PM)kefkapapala Wrote: how to get an ips of boundless ocean from eternal crystals (whic apparently mq never exported)

Nope, he never released single patches of his songs. I went and isolated most of the songs on his hack -without his permission-....But he finally was supportive of it. No one was interested in that specific theme you're requesting, though.

Status
Tissue-aware
(06-22-2012, 06:08 PM)kefkapapala Wrote: it was a question how to get an ips of boundless ocean from eternal crystals (whic apparently mq never exported) and that i wanted to get an ips of exdeath's battle theme to replace fierce battle because i have an mp3 of the ff6 version of decivise battle (which i found out cannot be done simply from an mp3 or spc).

You could really extract it from MetroidQuest hack. It's basically a copy/paste from a ROM to another, especially in the case of two FF3us ROMs. If you change which song it replace though, well there is small things to change also. All what is left are the instrument to assign. It's really not that hard if you put some effort in this.
  Find

Status
None
what is the "copy/paste you referring to?" i also don't understand how the audio feature works on ff3usme.

Status
Tissue-aware
(06-22-2012, 11:39 PM)kefkapapala Wrote: what is the "copy/paste you referring to?" i also don't understand how the audio feature works on ff3usme.

As it was stated previously by Gi Nattak, you cannot import, export, copy, extract, modify or edit a song with FF3usME. You can ONLY assign new BRR instruments, e.g. change the instruments used to play the songs.

By copy/paste, I mean literally copy/paste from a hex editor that has a copy/paste feature (ex: HxD). You locate the song in the ROM, open the hex editor, copy in the clipboard the song data by selecting the data and right-clicking on the mouse and do "copy". You can always use the edit menu to copy and paste like in every program. Then you open your other ROM paste the data. The only thing left is to change the instruments of the song you just replaced. Refer to the music tutorial for that.
  Find