Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Battle commands change

Threads: 16
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
hello everyone.

i have a question. i want to change "Rage" to "Leap", in Veldt.
anyone know this?

i want to Gau's command, if normal land, Fight-Rage-Magic-Item.
if in Veldt, Fight-Leap-Magic-item.

i think, its too hard >.<
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
Lame trolling attempt

OR

unless you really expressed your idea the wrong way, you just stated how it works by default in the game.

Find

Status
None
thank you for answer, Madsiur.

what is it possible?
sorry, i can understand English, but it is only a little.

; ;
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
How it works in Final Fantasy:
A) Veldt: Leap
B) Elsewhere: Rage

Option 1: What you asked to modify:
Veldt: Rage ---> Leap (see A)
Elsewhere: Leap ---> Rage (see B)

Option 2: Maybe you meant ?:
Veldt: Leap ---> Rage
Elsewhere: Rage ---> Leap

Choose an option

Unless you clarify exactly what you want and give more detail, I won't write a huge text about the second option. I will assume you understand English very little because you thank me for calling you a troll and only a troll or someone not understanding english would say such a thing. Then again, in both cases, it lowers tremendously the possibility we can have a conversation.
  Find

Status
None
it means, Option 1. very sorry...

Option 1: What you asked to modify:
Veldt: Rage ---> Leap (see A)
Elsewhere: Leap ---> Rage (see B)

Was because of my lack of explanation. I'm sorry. and thank you!
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
He means he wants Rage and Leap to behave like Morph/Revert, i.e. take up the same command slot, leaving room for a 4th command, Fight, and thus making it impossible to "Rage" on the Veldt, only "Leap"
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
That does sound like a great idea - and thanks for clarifying his question QuickFix. Wink

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
sounds like ASM coding to me, good luck Tongue

Status
Tissue-aware
(06-21-2012, 09:47 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: sounds like ASM coding to me, good luck Tongue

What a constructive answer Angelo!

To be honest I don't really know how to approach this problem. To my knowledge, there is nothing in the code that identify the veldt as "the veldt", what I mean is a condition or RAM variable that identify the veldt. Like something that would split a path in two. The only thing I can think about is the formation area, but even then they are many on the veldt I think, even if they aren't used or use in a random way (with random monsters I mean). But the point here are not the formation numbers but the formation area identification numbers. Aside of that I don't know what could serve as a veldt identifier.

Another thing that could serve as identify the veldt is the same thing that a check is made on for changing the song on the world map when you are on the veldt but I don't know exactly what this is. It can be found in the code with a bit of search though.

For the rest, changing an ability during a complete or partial fight is not that hard. If it can be done for morph, it can be done for rage/leap even in a simpler way, because there is no need of a status like morph or a meter like morph and thus command change during the fight. In the case of Rage/Leap you could make the check at the beginning of the fight only.

I won't go into more details for now because the next step depends on what the person who asked the question is willing to learn, because, as Angelo stated in his informative statement, this is ASM and I don't know the RAM offsets by heart of everything involved.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
I haven't tried it yet, but logically it seems pretty simple:

Code:
(Leap menu entry)

C2/543E: AD E4 11     LDA $11E4
C2/5441: 89 02        BIT #$02   (is Leap available?)
C2/5443: 80 ED        BRA $5432  (if it's not, menu entry will be nulled after branch)

That bit of code branches to a function that blanks out the battle command slot:

Code:
C2/5432: D0 04        BNE $5438    (Dance and Leap jump here.  obviously, this branch
                                    is never taken if we called this function for Magic
                                    or X-Magic.)
C2/5434: A9 FF        LDA #$FF
C2/5436: 83 03        STA $03,S    (replace current command with empty)
C2/5438: 60           RTS

It seems to me that all you'd need to do is change the offset it branches to then have it load Rage instead, like this:

Code:
C2/5432: D0 04        BNE $5438 (This may not even be necessary, as it just branches to the RTS below)
C2/5434: A9 FF        LDA #$10 (Loading the Rage index rather than the blank index)
C2/5436: 83 03        STA $03,S
C2/5438: 60           RTS

If that works like I imagine it should, that should put Rage at the second slot on Gau's battle menu when he's not on the Veldt. Then you'd just use FF3usME to put Fight in the top slot, and be sure to leave Leap in the second slot.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find