Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Character's Palettes on the Save/Load, Party Switch, and Shop Menu

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I ran into this little problem involving palettes. I've change Gogo's sprite to Leo's. I used an Hex editor (HxD) to change palette #03 (Gogo/Banon/etc) to #00 (Leo/Edgar/etc) at B83E0. He's pretty much the real Leo flawlessly (I'm only missing Leo's Chocobo ridding sprite), but the problem comes when either saving (Save/Load menu), or changing party members (Party Switch menu), and buying items (Shop menu). The palette that loads in these three places are that of Gogo's palette #03 instead of palette #00. Does anyone know how to fix this? I also would like to ask if someone ever made Leo's Chocobo ridding sprite by any chance?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
There's an option in FF3usME in Gfx > sprites then you'll see there on the right side a 'Save screen/shops palette index where you can check the box there to use the same one as battle. That -may- solve it for you. Still, you shouldn't have to do it that way I thought.
So double check your work at:
CB/81E2: 43 Assign palette $03 to character $0C.
although I'm sure you have.

If that doesn't solve it, it's something else, we'll figure it out.

Poco Loco has a Leo riding sprite, I believe.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
(06-11-2012, 08:00 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: There's an option in FF3usME in Gfx > sprites then you'll see there on the right side a 'Save screen/shops palette index where you can check the box there to use the same one as battle. That -may- solve it for you. Still, you shouldn't have to do it that way I thought.
So double check your work at:
CB/81E2: 43 Assign palette $03 to character $0C.
although I'm sure you have.

If that doesn't solve it, it's something else, we'll figure it out.

Poco Loco has a Leo riding sprite, I believe.

Face palm, was that all? Man, how could I have missed that. I was expecting something a little more complicated. Many thanks Gi Nattak, I appreciate it. I just check in-game, and its now it's Leo's palette in those 3 menus. Many thanks.

Oh, someone did make a Leo riding sprite. I hope he doesn't mind me PM him for it.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I dont mind at all

I'm here to help

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Thank you Poco Loco, I've PM you with info/e-mail. I've been looking thru some documents, and I couldn't find the answer. I want to change Gogo's "twirl" to Leo's "walk in" at the beginning of a battle. Anyone know how to do this or where the info is located?
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
not a problem

I think Angelo, or Madsuir might know (if Nattak doesnt)

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
(06-12-2012, 06:42 AM)Fenrir Wrote: Thank you Poco Loco, I've PM you with info/e-mail. I've been looking thru some documents, and I couldn't find the answer. I want to change Gogo's "twirl" to Leo's "walk in" at the beginning of a battle. Anyone know how to do this or where the info is located?

I asked the same question about where the character battle-intro animations are to edit or switch them on the Slick Production forums a while back, and apparantly there is no documentation on them still, however Lenophis suspected them to be in D0.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
If I remember right Imzogelmo or assasin released a patch that change the "intro" or "outro" of each character at the beginning or end of a fight. No matter which one it is, with a bit of creativity (IPS report...) you could locate the area where those routines are. With a bit of luck, the characters intro/outro might be close to each other. Now it's probably not explicitly documented and it's probably more than a couple of bytes to change, but the routines are probably dissasembled (worst case scenario you use a dissasembler...), but anyone attempting this should be able to read code (minimally...). Maybe it's less difficult to change that I imagine or maybe more, I don't know...
  Find