Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
KWhazit's site is offline!

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
AAAAGH!

I'm needing some clarification on some things in FF6, and one of the best resources for Eng/Jap/Eng stuff has been KWhazit's FF6 translation. But I tried to go to it the other day, and it's gone! Fortunecity has been swallowed up by Dotster, and the link doesn't work anymore!

Does anyone know if he still does the translation stuff, and/or whether he's getting his site back online? It's such a great site, I hate to see it go away!

Sad
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I didnt even know about the site's existence hmmm =/

well maybe someone somewhere else might know but I could be wrong

hopefully someone here might know something

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-13-2012, 12:39 AM)darkmage Wrote: Does anyone know if he still does the translation stuff, and/or whether he's getting his site back online? It's such a great site, I hate to see it go away!

Sad

I have no clue if the site will come back but if you're into the RPGone translation and find it accurate, this link might interest you: http://ffmonsters.wikispaces.com/file/vi...hanges.txt
  Find

Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
That's a pretty good resource, but KWhazit's site had a line-by-line translation plus commentary for (at the last time I was there) almost half of the script. It was really cool.

I'm going to keep searching for it, and if he brings it back online, I'll let people know.
  Find

Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
I have Lina Darkstar's translation with commentary that was hosted on that site if that's what you're looking for.

http://synchysi.firefish.org/ff6h/FinalF...edFull.doc

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-16-2012, 06:48 PM)Synchysi Wrote: I have Lina Darkstar's translation with commentary that was hosted on that site if that's what you're looking for.

That is a really good translation. I started reading it recently on a forum and will most likely include some lines from it in my hack.
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
That translation is a very weird amalgamation. The blue-highlighted parts are all extremely accurate and interesting, but the base notes in black are NOT very reliable. Particularly the translations of the names/classes in the beginning.

Good stuff to whoever did the blue writing.

Status
None
(05-17-2012, 12:09 AM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: That translation is a very weird amalgamation. The blue-highlighted parts are all extremely accurate and interesting, but the base notes in black are NOT very reliable. Particularly the translations of the names/classes in the beginning.

Good stuff to whoever did the blue writing.

That's funny. Both the black and blue parts were written by the translator. The blue are her translations, while the black are her notes and commentary on why she translated things the way she did.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
No no, I'm pretty sure there's two distinct voices in that document. There's a light blue writer commentating. And there's the original translator writing comments in black (and yes, there are some blue highlighted translation sentences in there too). It looks to me like the blue writer is simply adding onto someone else's original quick-translation, which makes it understandable that the black parts aren't as reliable.

Status
None
Oh, the teal commentary. Yeah, that's the compiler writing his notes on the translation (the stuff in blue and black).

Brave New World
  Find