Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
Will update this thread with new portraits as much as i can

Just finished:

Squall:
[Image: jameswhite89-portrait-squall.png]

Others:
[Image: jameswhite89-portrait-berserker.png] [Image: jameswhite89-portrait-link.png] [Image: jameswhite89-portrait-magus.png] [Image: jameswhite89-portrait-returner.png]

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
I should say good job and it is a nice portrait but it seems he just spent the last 12 hours drinking in a bar...

I wouldn't do a better job and you're an amazing spriter, but it's just the first thing that came to my mind...no offense
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Status
Imprisoned
agreed not the best attempt.. Will try again cause i am using squall in my hack

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(04-23-2012, 09:42 PM)Jameswhite89 Wrote: agreed not the best attempt.. Will try again cause i am using squall in my hack

Well I wasn't saying it was a bad attempt... If you like it keep it and others might have a different opinion than me. In fact it really looks like squall but there is something with his lips/eyes that make him look a bit weird. Overall it is good though...
  Find

Status
Imprisoned
tbh it dont gel to wel with my other ones.. gonna make another i think lol

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
it looks good but doesnt look like squall

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
The mouth and nose make him look a lot less like squall, everything else is perfect which is really good. Hair is hard to do imo. Smile
  Find

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
I'ts really good, the only thing I would suggest is editing the hair a bit (I can't remember Squall's hair covering his eye, his not that emo XD), and tweaking the mouth a nose. But I really like this, I'm amazed at how awesome your portraits are and I really like the style you use!
  Find

Status
Imprisoned
modified a bit.. any better?

[Image: imgshk.png]

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
[Image: 200px-Ff8-squall.jpg] [Image: imgshk.png]

See the difference a little in the nose and mouth? The shading on the jaw is a little off too. Right now, it looks like their's a light under his hair on the side of his face lol. For the sake of proportioning the perspective, one eye is also too high. The nose should be pointed a little. The dark bold colors you have as an outline in the hair and through the whole sprite could be a very dark brown to go better with the rest of the browns. You will also find that you don't have to start with a warm shade of peach color for the skin and then lower and higher the hue. You could start with a peachish yellow like the official portrait details.
  Find