Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Enabling Jobs Titles on the Main Menu

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I am wondering if anyone knows how to enable the Job titles (make them appear on the status menu, etc). I have read documentations on FFIII, and I have found all the stuff that I was looking for except for how to enable the Job titles within those documentations. I would like to enable those Job titles in my hack. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(04-02-2012, 06:42 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: My hack does that.

Thank you for your respond Angelo26, but unfortunately I'm using a FFIII Headered Version 1.1 thus...

"Use only with HEADERED ROM version 1.0"

And that would screw up what the rom in countless ways. I mainly used the multi-editor, the map editor and an hex editor. The only thing I have left for the hex editor is to enable job titles and edit their job names accordingly which I'm positive that I can find and rename the job's name on my own with the hex editor. Thus why I ask if anyone knows how to enable the job titles, or at least knows the offset to enable it/them.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
The information is displayed on the thread My hack .... Finger

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(04-05-2012, 04:31 AM)Fenrir Wrote: The only thing I have left for the hex editor is to enable job titles and edit their job names accordingly which I'm positive that I can find and rename the job's name on my own with the hex editor. Thus why I ask if anyone knows how to enable the job titles, or at least knows the offset to enable it/them.

Since there is almost nothing left from the class titles, you have to pretty much restart from scratch. That mean write the words somewhere in C3,have their positions somewhere too and call a drawing routine that you would have build for those class names for each of the 4 characters in the menu. That require some ASM knowledge...

Everything is taken care in bank C3, there are some examples of words drawing routines and the code is commented at some places. With a bit of study you should be able to your class names without too much complications.

Find