Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Genji or Gauntlet specific weapons

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
The character I have replacing Locke does not use shields. He either duel-wields or uses 2 hands for 1 weapon. Here's the thing. I don't want him to be able to hold one of his duel-wield weapons with 2 hands, nor on of is 2 handed weapons with another weapon in hand. Does that make sense?

I want 2 handers that can only be used by themselves, and one handers that can't be held with 2 hands. How do I do this? Is it possible?
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
FF3usME can handle the flag to disallow a weapon to be used with 2 hands, but I don't know of a way to make a weapon 2 hand only...
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
I'm not an expert on the subject but I think QuickFix is right, the only property that weapons have related to that is whether they can be use with 2 hands or not WHEN a gauntlet is equipped. There is no 2 hands only property. Every weapon can be used with a genji glove, but the same doesn't apply to the gauntlet.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
Well I figured out the not allow the weapon to used with gauntlet part, but I was thinking maybe a code/hex edit to make certain weapons not usable with Genji? Idk... just hoping there's somthing
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
To the question "Is it possible to " the answer in 95% of the time is yes.

In this case you need to add new propertie(s) to each weapon, move the data if you need to, change what is needed in C0, C1, C2 and C3 if you move the data and create a routine at the right place to check that new weapon property.

I have no clue how to achieve this in detail and it's beyond my hacking skill at the moment. Maybe you could ask the guys at Slick Productions, they have insane ASM knowledge and some of them have been working on the FF3us ROM for years.

Edit: A easier solution would be to create a table with one byte for each weapon and instead of moving the item/weapon data, make a check in that table when you need to. This solution still require good ASM knowledge and dissasemblies knowledge as well.

Find