Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Weapons.... Oh boy...

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
Hello everyone! Roy-boy here! Moving into the final stages of my hack! I've got:
Most new characters

Most new portraits

Custom enemies and SOME AI scripts

Several new animations mainly for Blitz and Swdtech

Took out some old spells and added new ones

Exchanged brushes with bows

Added character specific ultimate weapons from FF6A

Changed Gp to Gil(was gold but it had issues)

Gogo is no longer obtainable(for reasons I will not yet specify)

Locke can now steal when using a regular attack and no text is displayed if he fails(haven't linked his DPA to it yet)

Locke can switch around abilities in the status menu

When obtaining Umaro, Locke gains Shock, Magitek, Health, and Mimic(has been made switchable)

Dragons have been changed to their FF6A stats and AI and have been moved to Kefka's Tower(currently in the process of making their defeat required to even fight the statues)

All enemies in the WOB have had their HP/MP, stats, exp and gold up'd by 20%

All enemies in the WOR have had their HP/MP, stats, exp and gold up'd by 40%

Some weapon stats have changed

Ultimate character specific armors added as well as accessories

And more on the way.

Now on to the main purpose of this thread. I would like to make a custom weapon... a scythe... How do I do this? I know it can be done, just not sure how. Any help is always and much appreciated. Thanx ahead of time!

Roy-boy
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-20-2012, 02:17 AM)Roy-boy Wrote: Now on to the main purpose of this thread. I would like to make a custom weapon... a scythe... How do I do this? I know it can be done, just not sure how. Any help is always and much appreciated. Thanx ahead of time!

You need to replace an existing weapon sprite with your scythe sprite. You can do this with any tile editor such as YY-CHR, you find the offset of your weapon then draw manually your scythe. You can also import directly a graphic with YY-CHR and you can set the correct palette with a savestate. There are people on the forum that have really good at this such as Zeemis or Poco Loco. Zeemis also did a tutorial on YY-CHR I think.

Edit: Zeemis YY-CHR Tutorial, Another YY-CHR tutorial

Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
Thanx very much Madsiur!I've used YY-CHR before to change Link from "Zelda: A link to the past" into the Link from "Zelda: Ocarina of Time." Just wasn't sure about the palettes. I'll give it a shot on my own and if I can't figure it out I'll speak with Zeemis or Poco Loco unless they respond to this 1st xD
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I'm your guy when it comes to custom weapons, lol

now a scythe might be a bit of an issue depending on how you want to go about it

here are your options

you can replace a certain spear (like the imp's halberd for example) which would be the easiest way to do it

or better yet a larger weapon, like the ogre nix or something like that

which can be a bit more difficult but can look better overall

the illumina, ragnorak, ogre nix, and scimitar are the ideal weapons to change 4 a scythe

the choice is yours

I successfully changed the scimitar into a buster sword

the illumina is a b*t*h altogether

unfortunately I could not locate the ragnorak or ogre nix swords (I'm sure I can find them eventually but time is not on my side)

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Weapon modification is something I've been interested in as well, if just to find other weapon possibilities. There's only a few weapons out there of each type!

I thought about getting rid of some relics and replacing them with weapons, but it results in a weird "characters continually step backwards" glitch.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-20-2012, 02:02 PM)Overswarm Wrote: I thought about getting rid of some relics and replacing them with weapons, but it results in a weird "characters continually step backwards" glitch.

Weapons have properties such as "battle power" and "hit rate" that relics don't have plus there is the problem of assigning an animation to the relics. After an inquiry to Lord Nattak, the only thing possible is changing relics to armors.

Also, after a quick look, I found most of the weapons graphics I think:

Code:
D3/3FC0 to D3/7B00     (1st part, approximation)
D3/DA80 to D3/F340     (2nd part, approximation)
  Find