Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Small, unnamed event project

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
To place a character on a certain map, you must use the command D5 in his/her action queue. And when looking for the coordinates, it's best to use LE as a guidance. Open LE, then open the desired map, and get the coordinates.

Note:This next part will serve as an example!
Suppose Arvis is NPC # 1E on your map. And you want to place him at position (2E, 32). And you want him to appear looking to the south.Then the code you must use will look like this:

Code:
1E 05 - Perform the following actions for character 1E (don't pause)
D5 23 32 -Place character on map on position (2E,32)
CE - look down
FF - End queue

The CE action can be either omitted or changed to anything else, depending on your liking.

Hope this helps! Looking forward to the video!

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-27-2012, 04:24 PM)Crazy Noa Wrote: I'm now trying to use Arvis as Edgar. I'm trying to change his position, but I can't find his coordinates in the event dump. I've watched the 4th video and know where I should look. Any tips?

You can get the offset of Edgar's event with FF6LE too. There is the event of every NPC if you check the properties of an NPC. An event tile also have and event offset. It's a number from 0 to 2FFFF which is CA/0000 to CC/FFFF in the event dump. This should help you locate an event in the event dump whether it is trigerred by talking to an NPC or stepping on a event tile.

Find