Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dragon's Den

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
This may be a bit of a stretch, and it's only a suggestion to others since I'm not nearly experienced enough xD. Why not change phoenix cave into dragon's den? and somewhere along the way enter a room you HAVE to go into and there's Locke, he gets the phoenix, cut-scene ensues, then you go back and finish the den?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
It's an idea that many people had before but I don't think there is enough free space in the unused maps to draw the whole Dragon's Den, even if you use the Phoenix cave too. The Dragon's Den is a huge dungeon.

As for events, you might have enough unused event bits to support what is in this dungeon and free space for events is not a problem in a expanded ROM. There is also the problem of the new monsters because there is only 4 or 5 unused monster in the game and unless you use the same Dragons or change some monsters, you won't have enough place for the upgraded Dragons and the Dragon's Den exclusive monsters.

The new NPCs of the Dragon's Den are not a problem, if you've reached the maximum NPCs number with FF6LE you can always add some with the entrance event of a map, as long as you don't have more than 31 NPCs per map. Also you would have to tell the game to have 3 parties instead of 2 before you jump into the phoenix cave but that must be feasible, regardless of the hacking difficulty. This summarize pretty much what is feasible and what's not according to what I know...

What could be make however is something similar to the Soul Shrine, where you fight wave of consecutive monster formations and get items after each waves or when you quit after a wave. This requires ASM and event hacking to be able to battle consecutive formations and I might have a look into that someday. If only I could have more free time...
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
(03-17-2012, 10:07 PM)Madsiur Wrote: It's an idea that many people had before but I don't think there is enough free space in the unused maps to draw the whole Dragon's Den, even if you use the Phoenix cave too. The Dragon's Den is a huge dungeon.

As for events, you might have enough unused event bits to support what is in this dungeon and free space for events is not a problem in a expanded ROM. There is also the problem of the new monsters because there is only 4 or 5 unused monster in the game and unless you use the same Dragons or change some monsters, you won't have enough place for the upgraded Dragons and the Dragon's Den exclusive monsters.

The new NPCs of the Dragon's Den are not a problem, if you've reached the maximum NPCs number with FF6LE you can always add some with the entrance event of a map, as long as you don't have more than 31 NPCs per map. Also you would have to tell the game to have 3 parties instead of 2 before you jump into the phoenix cave but that must be feasible, regardless of the hacking difficulty. This summarize pretty much what is feasible and what's not according to what I know...

What could be make however is something similar to the Soul Shrine, where you fight wave of consecutive monster formations and get items after each waves or when you quit after a wave. This requires ASM and event hacking to be able to battle consecutive formations and I might have a look into that someday. If only I could have more free time...

So basically alot of stuff I'm not yet skilled at xD. Well this IS a bummer. Especially since in my hack it WOULD be possible to make the dungeon since I'm not using the anciant castle. and I think the Cyan dream worlds. Since my new character or Cyan tells you he stopped writing to the girl in maranda bcuz his wife and child came to him in a dream and gave him rest.

But I know this is too much to ask for anyone to do for me. So I suppose it's a lost cause xD. It would take me months or even years just to do it with the free time I have now. I'm sure you can relate Madsiur xD.

Thanx again though for yer input. Always a pleasure!

Roy-boy
  Find