Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My first event hack

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I made an event hack just to see what I can do. This event revolves around Vargas and Duncan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAm_1yGeepo

Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Well, for the first one, it's almost flawless! I have some suggestions as well, if you're interested:
  • At 0:34, Vargas quickly walks north-east and looks a little bit rushed. Play a little bit with this part so that it looks more natural.
  • For the battle, you need to remove terra, locke and edgar from the party, and put banon in it with a specific palette. Use 3F 00 01, 3F 01 01 and 3F 04 01 to remove the three characters. Then look into the event script for the code when banon joins. You can use the same code, except that the palette is going to be different. And also, think about which name would you assign him (it can't be banon, can it?).
    After the battle, you must remove banon (using 3F XX 01) and reintroduce the main characters into the party again.
  • There are commands you can play with: For example, there's the command to optimize banon's equipment before battle. You can also customize duncan's level by taking the average of all the party member's levels and assigning it to duncan.
  • For this scene, it'll be great if banon(duncan) battles vargas solo, without the bears.
I hope that helps!

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Thanks a lot! Just thinking in my head, I might have Vargas use the A5 command to walk two right and up one to get to that spot. I wasn't going to put the bears in, as I'd need a totally different Vargas fight anyways to avoid messing things up massively. Would it be possible to remove Duncan's equipment instead of optimizing it? With him being a martial arts master, barehanded fighting would make more sense to me.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
I think it's a really nice event for a first one!

As for command 3F, it can remove or add a character from the party depending on the party number you assign to your characters. 3F 04 01 would assign actor 04 to party 01 and 3F 04 00 would assign actor 04 to party 00 which is the same thing as removing actor 04 from his party.

You should also use a different formation and monster ID for Vargas for your battle (the pack of the formation is set with command 4D) because Vargas script has 2 battle event in it. You can assign to another monster Vargas sprite with FF3se. You can play with formations and packs with FF3usME, there are plenty of empty packs. You could remove the bears also if you want to. If you want to do a battle event in your fight, they don't work the same way as normal events and the documentation about the commands is very limited.

Overall I really like your event! You have potential and it's a proof for anyone else that hard work pays. Keep up the good work!

(03-13-2012, 10:52 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Would it be possible to remove Duncan's equipment instead of optimizing it? With him being a martial arts master, barehanded fighting would make more sense to me.

Command 8D remove all equipment from an actor with his number passed as a parameter.

Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
I am highly impressed by this video!
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
now I am impressed

great job

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC