Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Enemy Sprite malfunction?

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
Hey everyone! Me again! So I've learned some new things and have been making GREAT progress! I have run into a few issues however o.o. Here's the thing. I have 4 side bosses I want to implement. one of which has alreaady been succesfully entered in. The others are Omega weapon, Kaiser Dragon, and my own custom boss.

Here's the thing. I don't want to get rid of any pre-existing enemies but don't mind getting rid of some Espers. I seem to run into an issue where when the sprite enters the battle it's all deformed. What do I do? what cana I replace? how do I fix this? I wouldlove some help. Any would be great! Thanx ahead of time!

Roy-Boy
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-06-2012, 02:10 AM)Roy-boy Wrote: Here's the thing. I don't want to get rid of any pre-existing enemies but don't mind getting rid of some Espers. I seem to run into an issue where when the sprite enters the battle it's all deformed. What do I do? what cana I replace? how do I fix this? I wouldlove some help. Any would be great! Thanx ahead of time!

Roy-Boy

We're missing some info here...Which program are you using to import your sprites? FF3SE ? If it's the case there shouldn't be any problem with that editor it works fine...If you're adding by hand monster sprites then you might have messed up with the pointers I don't know...

Is it only the color that is messed up or the whole sprite is deformed?

Also remember that are only a few unused monsters... three if I remember right. It's not because the monster has no name and has the guard sprite that he is unused. It can be a version of Kefka used during a battle event as an example. I can't really answer you question because I don't know which tool you are using or what monster number you have used among other things...
  Find

Status
None
I'm using FF3SE to import the monster sprites. I'm only importing them over esper sprites. Espers I don't use. and then I place them in the blank enemy slots. I know about the gaurds and I have moved all events to one guard which I have tested and works fine. My issue is that my enemy sprites when viewed in FF3SE and FF3usME are PERFECT! but when they enter into battle, they're deformed. Not in color, but in graphic. Like MissingNo in Pokemon. and they're kinda box shaped. Like it tried to make them 64x64 instead of 128x128
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Have you edited their molds in FF3usME? Like a 128x128 monster will take a big mold and a 32 x32 monster will fit in a small mold. You can play with those in the formation editor in FF3usME. There isn't a combination for everything though, like you can't fit 2 monsters that are more than 64 x64 together on the same formation without have one deformed. If it's not the mold it could be the pointers but I doubt it. Try different combinations but you see the outline of the molds in the editor. The is a checkbox you need to click to see the molds...

[Image: molds.png]
  Find

Status
None
Oh my god Madsiur!!!! You seem to be solving ALL of my issues! Thank you again SO much! Also on another note(and I will mention this in my other thread) I figured out the Final Kefka Music. You simply need the enemy to enter like Final Kefka. doesn't matter what music you have selected.

Anyway, thank you so much again. It worked like a charm. I had no idea there was a mold selection.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-06-2012, 03:18 AM)Roy-boy Wrote: I figured out the Final Kefka Music. You simply need the enemy to enter like Final Kefka.
Finger I guess I didn't played enough with FF3usME... >_>
  Find