Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Kefka Music

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
I have come a long way since I 1st got here xD. Well in my opinion, and have only been on for nearly amonth! I've learned quite a lot from many members of this site and I thank you all for that. Here's something I can't figure out though... I have a side boss using a custom script. I would like to Use the Final Kefka music for it. When you fight him in god form. But I'm not sure how to do it, and it may be so simple. Can anyone help? Thanx aheaad of time!

Roy-Boy
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
the answer can be found in usme

check the formation and choose the music

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
I do that but it's referring to the entire battle. Not just final kefka. Am I wrong? So it starts it at the 1st art of the 4 part battle which isn't what I want. Just God Kefka
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-03-2012, 07:39 PM)Roy-boy Wrote: I do that but it's referring to the entire battle. Not just final kefka. Am I wrong? So it starts it at the 1st art of the 4 part battle which isn't what I want. Just God Kefka

That is a good question...I don't have an answer but the kefka formation use the "current song" setting in FF3usME. As for Dancing Mad, there is 4 parts to the song but it is divided in 2 different songs in the ROM. There is part 1 (song number 52h) and part 2 (song number 50h). I don't know exactly where part two starts exactly, if it's mid song or only the last of the 4 parts like what you want.

You could start the song (part 2) right before you engage battle with your monster if he's visible on the screen (if he has a sprite you engage the battle with) and use the "current song" setting in FF3usME. This is event hacking though but it's not complicated to change a song.

If this doesn't work, the battle formation and characters formation update between the 4 tiers are handled in the C2 bank. The music switching should be called somewhere there too. This is assembly hacking though and I never looked closely for this question. If you ever find where the music switching is you could apply the same thing or part of it to you battle but I don't know how that can be done. This is the hard way...

Code:
Change to next tier in last battle if all monsters dead

C2/4A76: C2 20        REP #$20      (Set 16-bit A)
C2/4A78: A2 04        LDX #$04
C2/4A7A: BF AB 4A C2  LDA $C24AAB,X
C2/4A7E: CD E0 11     CMP $11E0     (Battle formation)
C2/4A81: D0 14        BNE $4A97
C2/4A83: BF AD 4A C2  LDA $C24AAD,X
C2/4A87: 8D E0 11     STA $11E0     (Battle formation)
C2/4A8A: E2 20        SEP #$20      (Set 8-bit A)
C2/4A8C: BF B3 4A C2  LDA $C24AB3,X
C2/4A90: 8D E1 3E     STA $3EE1
C2/4A93: 68           PLA
C2/4A94: 68           PLA
C2/4A95: 80 8B        BRA $4A22
C2/4A97: CA           DEX
C2/4A98: CA           DEX
C2/4A99: 10 DF        BPL $4A7A
C2/4A9B: E2 20        SEP #$20
C2/4A9D: 60           RTS

Find

Status
Tissue-aware
It appears that song 50h (80) is actually the 4th part of Dancing Mad. So the simplest solution is the first one I explained and you could have the right song playing for your boss.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
I just thought about this...what if this is part of the battle event in that final battle? Battle events sometime change the currently played song (like relm and ultros, or when leo is killed).

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-04-2012, 09:47 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: I just thought about this...what if this is part of the battle event in that final battle? Battle events sometime change the currently played song (like relm and ultros, or when leo is killed).

Yes some battle events commands can change the music, although I don't know if there is a command for each song or for the song we're talking about. In the case of the Final Battle, there is no battle event (except Kefka's speech) and the music change after you have beaten each Tier. I think, even though I have no proof yet, that the music is changed through ASM coding like the party (if there is any dead) and the monster formation are.

In this case, he wants to have part 4 of Dancing Mad playing for a custom boss and the easiest way is through events. You simply change the song at the beginning of the monster event and use the "current song" setting in the formation editor in FF3usME. Then you change back you song to the "normal" one after your 4D XX XX command or after the "game over check" you must make. This method is of course effective only if the battle is triggered by an event, but I doubt we're talking about a random encounter here.

Edit: This is roughly how the event should look like:

Code:
CA/0000: F0 50          Play song 80 (Dancing mad part 4)
CA/0002: 4D XX 3F       Invoke battle, enemy set $XX, background $3F (Default for this area), (mosaic effect enabled), (swoosh sound enabled)
CA/0005: B2 A9 5E 00    Call subroutine $CA5EA9 (checks for a game over)
CA/0009: F0 XX          Play song XX (Song before the battle)
CA/000B: FE             Return (End event)
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
I checked, and the battle event does not have a custom command for changing the song. XD

Status
None
Figured it out! Simply have the enemy of choice enter like Final Kefka. Any music you have chosen will stop and the final kefka music will play.
  Find