Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Would it be possible...

Status
None
To take the added content from FFVI Advance and add those assets back to the SNES version? Really want to experience the advance content in the original. Also was interested in scripts and if there would be a way to add another screen to the character select menu. Their are so many awesome sprites on the site I was thinking if we added more "secret" characters it would be a cool way to incorporate some of the best the community has made.

Like off top I was thinking if you have a certain treasure on you when you encounter "Sigfried" it will start a new event where he will tell some back story and either join you there or start a series of events where he can be obtained.

The world of ruin could benefit from a few new playable chars as well. Like the helmet less soldier could join after the disbandment of the empire.

Im at work right now so I have to go but I have a ton of ideas I would love to share with the board.

Talk to you all soon!

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Did you see my patch? It renames spells, espers, and who knows what else Tongue.

This won't bring ALL of the contents from FF6A into FF6SNES, but it's a start

https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...lity+Names

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-16-2012, 04:55 PM)illfaded Wrote: To take the added content from FFVI Advance and add those assets back to the SNES version? Really want to experience the advance content in the original.

Angelo's patch take care of almost everything that is name length related including renaming the name he increased the length.

(02-16-2012, 04:55 PM)illfaded Wrote: Also was interested in scripts and if there would be a way to add another screen to the character select menu. Their are so many awesome sprites on the site I was thinking if we added more "secret" characters it would be a cool way to incorporate some of the best the community has made.

Theorically possible but likely impossible due to the fact that the game can only handle 16 characters, 14 main playable and 2 guests. Changing that would require an insane amount of assembly hacking as there is a huge amount of max character number references and character number references in the game. You can always change an actor (like one of the moogle) and make a temporary character that would replace another one if he hasn't been recruited yet. Event references to playable characters are from 00 to 0F, any number higher than that is an NPC.

(02-16-2012, 04:55 PM)illfaded Wrote: Like off top I was thinking if you have a certain treasure on you when you encounter "Sigfried" it will start a new event where he will tell some back story and either join you there or start a series of events where he can be obtained.

This is possible. Although the game can't check for equipment in events, I'm working on a new event commands that could check for equipment among other stuff. As for the actual event, there is plenty of room for new events in a expanded ROM. Sigfried could join you as long as he is replacing a main character or is a guest for the reasons mentioned above.

(02-16-2012, 04:55 PM)illfaded Wrote: The world of ruin could benefit from a few new playable chars as well. Like the helmet less soldier could join after the disbandment of the empire.

New characters replacing others are possible but adding more than 16 is practically impossible for the reasons I mentioned previously.

I like your ideas however you can submit more and event wise there is a lot that can be done...

Find

Status
None
(02-16-2012, 07:26 PM)Madsiur Wrote: You can always change an actor (like one of the moogle) and make a temporary character that would replace another one if he hasn't been recruited yet.

At the start of the game, all PC"s are turned into moogles. THis is possible since everyone except for terra and locke are permanent characters. Once a character has joined the party, not even event hacking allows you to replace that PC by a moogle or something.

Status
Tissue-aware
(02-16-2012, 07:31 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: At the start of the game, all PC"s are turned into moogles. THis is possible since everyone except for terra and locke are permanent characters. Once a character has joined the party, not even event hacking allows you to replace that PC by a moogle or something.

Characters 8 and 9 (or is it 7 and 8 ??) are moogles first then replaced by the two ghosts on the phantom train who are replaced by Relm and Strago once you recruited them.

Another example is actor 0E that is first biggs (or wedge??) then turned to Banon and finally to Leo.

I never tried to replace a character that has an actor number below 17 with an actor number above 16, but I thought it was possible...Have you tried it in a event with the same commands used than when Banon is replaced by Leo as an example?

Find

Status
None
(02-16-2012, 06:39 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: Did you see my patch? It renames spells, espers, and who knows what else Tongue.

This won't bring ALL of the contents from FF6A into FF6SNES, but it's a start

https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...lity+Names

Yes I did!! I randomly have acquired quite a few of the board members hacks the last few years without knowing their origins.

I really dig what you did Angelo.

What Im thinking is doing a hack that elaborates on what you have done. Like adding in the GBA versions espers and GBA dungeons if possible. Maybe even add a dungeon or two. Like if Locke had a dream sequence that had him treasure hunting with his treasure hunting pals.

Or a dream sequence for Shadow where hes Clyde and him and Baram rob the train. I was thinking it could be simple and you just empty all the treasure chests and talk to npc's and they comment as if you are robbing them. You could encounter "sigfried" and it shows you why he is such a poser.

What might be more plausible is something similar to FFIV AFTERYEARS. Like have a version of FFVI that is told from a different aspect. Like how you can choose your side quest early on with Locke, Sabin, or Terra Banon and Edgar.

have a backstory to Setzer and Daryll.

Maybe a sequence as Mog where you hear a Earthquake and crash. Your stuck in the narshe caves and lead a moogle team to safety. On the way you can encounter a hurt or trapped Umaro. (think of the mouse and the lion) you "save" Umaro and thats how the bond between the moogles and Umaro start. Call it Moogles and the Yeti or something.

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Well, for something as elaborate as this sounds, I'd probably recommend looking into using RPGMaker for the hack, so you could have more playable characters (I think) and do the heavy event hacking without the fear of space. You see, there is only a certain amount of NPC's allowed in the game, as well as event bits and space for things like text and maps, items, everything. And there are many limitations as well that you would come across. While you could place those kind of events into the game with relative ease, and move around the NPC's as well as add some more dungeons, the amount of ROM hacking involved would be incredible.
A lot of very good ideas there btw man! =)

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Tissue-aware
Gi Nattak is right...There are some unused maps as well as unused event bits but they are limited. I don't think you could fit in totality the extra dungeon of the advance version. As for event, there is a huge amount of free space with an expanded ROM, but event creation can be long unless you're very experimented. When you start to play with the course of events, like the After years scenarios that can be chosen in any order, I don't think there would be enough event bits in the RAM to take in account all the possibilities of order. Extra NPCs and event tiles are also limited and to move the correct data to have more can be a tedious process and the corresponding editor wouldn't work with a data relocation. You would have to do everything via hex edit...
  Find

Status
None
(02-16-2012, 09:15 PM)Madsiur Wrote: Event creation can be long unless you're very experimented.
I agree, and eventually you'll run out of event bits to create newer events. I tend to create new events every once in a while for other people, and I can tell you it's time consuming, especially when paying attention to details.

Status
None
thanks guys. My heart breaks a little