Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Dissidia Garland Tease

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
just import the bin file using the relm editor

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
(02-22-2012, 03:22 PM)Poco Loco Wrote: just import the bin file using the relm editor

?

That sounds so simple, but as I use the atma weapon editor I really have no idea what you mean lol.

Edit: I don't even know what the bin file is really. How do I import the bin file of a sprite that I've created in the atma weapon editor?
  Find

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
Well you can untick the box in FF3usME for the pallete's but that's not gonna make them look very good, more just not editing the other characters palletes really.

Oh and Garland looks awesome so far, there's a few things that could be improved but I'm loving him. Wink
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(02-22-2012, 03:29 PM)silvermaine Wrote:
(02-22-2012, 03:22 PM)Poco Loco Wrote: just import the bin file using the relm editor

?

That sounds so simple, but as I use the atma weapon editor I really have no idea what you mean lol.

Edit: I don't even know what the bin file is really. How do I import the bin file of a sprite that I've created in the atma weapon editor?

Poco is referring to the sprite editor titled; FF3usSE, also widely known (here) as the Relm Editor since the program uses Relm as its Icon, in that particular program you edit sprites on a tile by tile bases (splitting up a sprite into 6 tiles) where you can change minute details as well as do quick edits. Here is also where you can alter the pallette (though i typically just use FFSE to do that). That program uses a different file system than FFEusME 6.6 (and beyond) and FFSE which use .PNGs; FF3usSE (or Relm Editor) uses .BIN and .PAL files, since it breaks the sprite up into tiles it uses a different format. The program does allow one to import as well as export .BIN (which are the sprites) and .PAL (palettes).

That is what Poco means by using .BIN and .PAL. We also have a wonderful section of tutorials that could explain a few things, such as answering your question on how a custom colored character wouldn't mess up others.

The answer is simple really, if by messed up you mean having weird colors where they ought not be, that is a simple fix, simply follow the palette color order guide and though the characters will indeed share the same color palette, they will be automatically recolored and very little (if any) edits will have to be made!
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
This all sounds like too much work to me.. I first noticed problems with custom pallets when i made the catuar and it messed up all of the NPC's pallets.. If theres a way to use a custom pallet and have everything stay the same then maybe someone could import the sprite for me and i will make a custom pallet Garland.. other wise reclouring is one of my pet hates when it comes to spriting.

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Status
None
okay; it's not nearly as much work as I think you're think it is, it is really quite simple.

Have you at any point deviated from the Correct Palette Order?

The Correct Palette Order

1. transparent
2. outline (black)
3. eyes
4. pupils
5. hair (lighter shade)
6. hair (darker shade)
7. skin (lighter tone)
8. skin (darker tone)
9. outfit 1 (lighter shade)
10. outfit 1 (darker shade)
11. outfit 2 (lighter shade)
12. outfit 2 (darker shade)
13. NPC
14. NPC
15. NPC
16. NPC
  Find

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
(02-22-2012, 04:45 PM)Jameswhite89 Wrote: This all sounds like too much work to me.. I first noticed problems with custom pallets when i made the catuar and it messed up all of the NPC's pallets.. If theres a way to use a custom pallet and have everything stay the same then maybe someone could import the sprite for me and i will make a custom pallet Garland.. other wise reclouring is one of my pet hates when it comes to spriting.

LOL agreed. The recoloring part is horrible. I'll stick to coloring on the palette I want to use I think.
  Find

Status
Imprisoned
(02-22-2012, 04:48 PM)Sutebenu Sempai Wrote: okay; it's not nearly as much work as I think you're think it is, it is really quite simple.

1. transparent
2. outline (black)
3. eyes
4. pupils
5. hair (lighter shade)
6. hair (darker shade)
7. skin (lighter tone)
8. skin (darker tone)
13. NPC
14. NPC
15. NPC
16. NPC

Iv not changed any of them if thats what you mean?

Status
None
(02-22-2012, 05:00 PM)Jameswhite89 Wrote:
(02-22-2012, 04:48 PM)Sutebenu Sempai Wrote: okay; it's not nearly as much work as I think you're think it is, it is really quite simple.

1. transparent
2. outline (black)
3. eyes
4. pupils
5. hair (lighter shade)
6. hair (darker shade)
7. skin (lighter tone)
8. skin (darker tone)
13. NPC
14. NPC
15. NPC
16. NPC

Iv not changed any of them if thats what you mean?

Hmm...I mean have you ever placed a color that did not serve the purpose of the above delegation? As in using the pupil color for an outfit color or some variation on that? If not then there shouldn't be much of a problem since only a select few sprites use more color than the four delegation and the skin tones, and even that it is usually only a few pixels and a quick enough fix.
  Find

Status
Imprisoned
the pupil color is being used for the dark blue in his cape