* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Will SOPA disrupt our hacks?

Threads: 33
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
With the Recent Shut down of Megaload,Alot Upload sites are getting taken down by the SOPA crap. (Luckly, MediaFire is Allowing FBI to investigate thier site)

If you want to see the list that are shutting down check this list out. BY THE WAY it links to Gaiaonline!(which I'm a proud Gaian! and Gaia Against SOPA!)

now here's topic for thought....I never brought serious topic until now when it involves our website where we make FF6 hacks.Sad It's Like final Fantasy VI all over again this time WE are like the returners...the empire is like government we have...

you think these bill will pass?

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
A lot of my hacks that I have on YouTube were hosted by MediaFire. MediaFire was closed by SOPA/PIPA or something.
It's kinda affecting us. :p
  Find

Threads: 33
Status
None

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
I think they could care less about ROM hacking, it's all about the money, the government isn't happy if others are making money off of free enterprise, and they are not! I'd say for the time being, ROM hacking sites in general are in no danger of being investigated and/or shut down.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
I agree with Nattak. If rom hacking sites were to be shut down, RomHacking.net would be the first to go as it's the biggest site for overall general romhacking. That would be our Que to lay low for awhile.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
well said

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 5
Status
None
As bad as SOPA is, do not forget to raise awareness on ACTA as well. It's far worse and it's trending globally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Xg_C2YmG0
  Find

Status
None
MegaUpload's shutdown had to do more with money laundering and the fact that they were actually selling access to pirated material, which is far outside of the grey area into "obviously illegal".

That being said, SOPA would likely apply to ROM hacking sites as copyrighted material (or material derived from copyrighted material) is available. It's more a question of if someone with the right to request the site to be taken down cared.

Threads: 8
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None