Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Tile Layer Pro?

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Does anyone here use the program Tile Layer Pro? And if so can you hook me up with the .tlp palette file? I use Tile Layer Pro to easily insert sprites from other games but I can't for the life of me get the palette right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  Find

Thanks Received: 13
Status
None
Do you mean ingame? Tile layer pro (like YYCHR or peerspriteviewer) doesn't import the palettes to the game. You can load/save them, yes, but only for reference, for making you easier to edit sprites. What are you trying to import? Characters? You could use FF3usSpriteEd or even ff3usme for that, and those programs change the palettes...

[Image: SvEf6Yh.png]
  Find

Status
None
I am sorry I should of gone into greater detail. I use Tile Layer pro to easily drag and drop sprites from other games directly into the ROM without having to manually transfer them. The only issue is Tile Layer pro doesn't read the palette information on the ROM so when I open FFVI the colors are all distorted. You can change the palette in Tile Layer Pro so it matches the ingame palette and then save it as a .tlp file (so you can easily load it again). I was hoping someone here uses Tile Layer Pro and already had the .tlp file. Or if someone who knows the game better than me could download Tile Layer Pro and make a .tlp for me.
  Find

Status
None
Let's see if I have understood you correctly this time... you want to have the correct palette in tlp for an object without changing it manually, color by color, isn't it?
You can load the palettes easily, Tile Layer reads savestates too. Just make a savestate on zsnes, being the object you are importing on screen, and then load it in the program.

Find

Status
None
I did not know Tile Layer pro could load save states. I don't see an option. How do I do that? Sorry I am new to using TLP.

EDIT: does it work with snes9x savestates?
  Find

Status
None
Nope, just zsnes or nesticle. How can you load them? With the same option you use for loading a .tlp file Tongue

Edit: I don't know if you have noticed that you can change between palettes with the up/down arrows... You'll have more than one palette stored in the savestate, so, you'll have to select the correct one.

Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Xenovant for this post:
  • FaulkFan (06-06-2014)