Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Double question

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Man, thank Arceus you guys are here, providing me with helpful advice on this hackin' job. I hope the sprite sheets I make from time to time are enough to pay you guys for your help, etc etc.

So here I have two more questions:

First, the "Escape" spell (?) that monsters can use to get away from battle, is that basically a "death" spell? It does remove the monster from battle, but you get exp and items if would have left if it was killed by conventional means, right?

Well, is there any possibility to make this spell/command/whatever prevent you from getting the exp and items it normally leaves behind? That'll be helpful for designing runaway monsters with valuable loot and all.

Second, you know when you use the Slots command and you don't match the pictures, you get this bunny that heals you and says "mugu mugu?" Well, I need you guys to teach me how to change these attributes, more importantly the text, because I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks again mateys!

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
(06-05-2014, 06:24 AM)Kugawattan Wrote: First, the "Escape" spell (?) that monsters can use to get away from battle, is that basically a "death" spell? It does remove the monster from battle, but you get exp and items if would have left if it was killed by conventional means, right?

Well, is there any possibility to make this spell/command/whatever prevent you from getting the exp and items it normally leaves behind? That'll be helpful for designing runaway monsters with valuable loot and all.

I always thought that's how enemy escape worked anyway. It seems to share code with other effects that remove entities from the battlefield, which is separate from death.

Quote:Second, you know when you use the Slots command and you don't match the pictures, you get this bunny that heals you and says "mugu mugu?" Well, I need you guys to teach me how to change these attributes, more importantly the text, because I can't find it anywhere.

Lagomorph is spell ID 254. You can change its properties in FF3usME.

To get rid of the text, you can probably just change C2/173A from a BNE to a BRA.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
Charmed
Uuuh, I see, I'll try to fidget around to see if there's something I can do. I didn't really experiment with that :/

Also, I don't want to get rid of the text, I want to change what it says. I can't seem to find it anywhere in the ME...

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
It's not in the editor. If no one else comes along with an answer, I'll try to find it next chance I get... which will probably be later tonight.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-05-2014, 11:12 AM)Kugawattan Wrote: Also, I don't want to get rid of the text, I want to change what it says. I can't seem to find it anywhere in the ME...

You have to change it with a hex editor that supports tables such has Windhex. Load the battle table, you'll find the text from D1/F069 to D1/F072.
  Find

Status
Charmed
Okay, I see. Thanks!
Also, assigning Escape the effects of "Sneeze" seems to work perfectly with what I wanted (the enemy not leaving anything when it leaves).