Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Amarant Coral Teaser

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Well since he is the only one (besides Blank, Marcus and Cinna) that hasn't been sprited from Final Fantasy IX, here's a teaser I made for him, tell me what you think about it!

In case you don't know him (for some reason nobody seems to play this truly spectacular game T-T) here's a reference picture:
[Image: Amarant_Coral_character.jpg]

[Image: imgshk.png]

!!!!UPDATE!!!!
Here's the updated first three sprites of Amarant; I lost the old file with a large chunk (practically every) sprite project and file I had so I have to completely redo him:

Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
It's a little hard to see his face.
  Find

Status
None
thats because his character design has his face covered by his hair til the point where his eyes are utterly concealed and all you can really make out is the nose and his red beard:

REFERENCE PICTURE:

[Image: Amarant_Coral_character.jpg]
  Find

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
I love it, really looking forward to this one. ^_^
I'm gonna have to hurry up whith my sprites so that we'll have evry FFIX character, and then me should definatly make a hack or at least a boss hack. Wink
  Find

Status
None
Haha, however I think Amarant will take me my usual time (anywhere between a week-several months, XD) since I begin the final stages of my move tomorrow. So don't feel too rushed, you have plenty of time to work on Steiner! Then again after Steiner and Amarant we would still have to sprite Blank, Cinna and Marcus...

Though Amarant, oddly wasn't difficult to sprite in those six, he has a very simple character design, the biggest and most complicated thing on him is his hair, lol
  Find

Status
Crystal
Haha that's cool then. Smile
And yeah the hair looks quite hard to make, the back sprites hair is amazing though but I think the front could be a little better. Wink
  Find

Status
None
Well if you want to take over the project, say so and I'll hand you the six sprites I have done. In which case this wouldn't be a teaser as much as a concept design.
  Find

Status
Crystal
Lol my hands a full at the minite otherwise if it was allright whith you I would. Smile
  Find

Status
None
Hmm...go right ahead and take it anyhow, I can feel the spark of interest in spriting fading once more; plus my main interest in ff6 style sprites for ff9 have been completed (except for Blank), everyone one else that was important has already been done, Vivi, Quina, Zidane and Kuja.

Plus since I will be moving and the new semester starts next week, I will actually have something to do. Main reason Quina was finished so quickly was because the only thing I have here is my laptop and I became quickly and easily bored. lol
  Find

Status
Crystal
Ok then, just send me the sheet and I'll start working on him as soon as I can. Smile

Kinda sad how I'm the only spriter left spriting though, I've really been the only one submitting sprites for a while now, I can't wait for you all to come back lol. The fate of spriting rests in the hands of a 14 year old... Still I learned from the best. ^_^
  Find