Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI hacking database (version 1.0)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
For the past few month I've been working from time to time on a hacking database for FFVI. It was for personal use at first but I thought it would be a good idea to release it for people who would like to use it. Some will find it useless, other (like me) will find it very useful.

This database contains all the infos about the 2193 NPCs, the 768 event bits, the 420 chests (if we count the ones that are not used) and the 1164 event triggers. It also contain a (incomplete I think...) list of th maps (for reference), a list of the items and monsters as well. Those last two are not very useful yet as I haven't imported any infos about them beside their name and number. Lastly, there is a list of spells will all the values for graphics, palette and sound. Those are the component of the game that are changed the most usually I think.

I'm planning to add a lot more stuff to that database and make queries and links between the table like having all the event triggers, npcs or treasure chests for a certain map.

This database is handy because as an example you can notes the changes you make in your hack from the original. I'm a very unorganized person and I need that kind of tool to keep track of which even bit I use or which chest content I change. Also, you can sort the tables by every fields that the data has so you can check which event bit, chest bit or npc bit is available. You could use it also to note your MDE findings. You could also as an example add a check box next to the item name to mark which item you will not use or you will replace in your hack. You can add new treasure chest, npc, event trigger, etc... It works a bit like excel sheets. Anyway this is version 1.0 and I'm planning to add a lot more like I said but I don't work on it every day and don't know when the next version will be done...

You must have Office Access 2007 to consult it. No Access knowledge is needed to consult it but to make queries, links between the sheets or modifying anything beside the content you need to know how to use the software. I don't know if it would work in Access 2010 but probably yes.

Download

All the credit for the infos in that database goes to the following people. You can find the original of the data at the following links:

Novalia Spirit - Event bits document - Link
Mnrogar - Spell graphics data - Link
Imzogelmo - NPC data - Link
Imzogelmo - Event trigger data - Link
Imzogelmo - Chest data - Link

A huge thank you to those people!

Edit: Download link updated due to megaupload closing

Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • SSJ Rick (01-04-2012)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
nice

thnx 4 the sources

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC