Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thoughts on my map?

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
This is one of many maps I've made for FF6. I made this one to look like a treasure map, and was wondering if anyone has any comments or criticisms to make it better. I'm already working on fixing the Blackjack in the bottom right, and have plans to fix the readability of the text when there is land behind it. Oh and there will be a version with a legend on the side and numbers instead of the x's, so no need to mention that as well.

When finished I will release the .psd so anyone who wants to can move things around, change the opacity on the items, etc. Oh, and the .psd is 4200x2800, so it should stand the test of time compared to the other ones I downloaded from the internet.

[Image: ffvi-map-v5.png]

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
I love maps and this treasure map-looking one looks really nice. Great job on it!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Status
Regen
Very very good. I cannot wait for the final project...

My only suggestion is maybe put the FF6 logo with like a 75-80% transparency over the map. Here's what I'm talking about. But keep in mind I don't literally mean THIS logo I have here but the actual FF6 logo. This one is one I made for a hack of mine that I never did...

[Image: ffvi-map_mod.png]

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Status
None
Thanks guys. Updated the first post with the new version with JCE3000GT's suggestion, and the text looking better. I also can't stop messing with colors and opacities, so this might be something that never gets finished :/

I'm not sure if I like the brown x's over the red ones or not.

Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Status
Traitor
My only thought is that you should get rid of the magitek and airship emblems. Fixate the "FINAL FANTASY" logo so it's not in the middle and so large. Perhaps put it at the bottom left area where SquareEnix is.
  Find

Status
Regen
I like the map with the FF6 logo you got there. :D

I like the airship graphic actually, perhaps maybe add a little more transparency--like 5-7%?. I do agree that the magitek at the top left could go since he is already in the logo. And, I'd like to see the squeenix logo to disappear and an old fashioned Squaresoft logo put in it's place. But, that's just for my own personal thing.

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Status
Traitor
Can you provide the psd so I could see how you went about making this?
  Find

Status
Regen
I just want to get the final version so I can have it printed at fedex kinkos then age the paper for a picture frame. Laugh

Or is it possible to have it printed on a cloth? It would look awsome in our office.

Status
None
(12-01-2011, 09:39 AM)Zeemis Wrote: Can you provide the psd so I could see how you went about making this?
Yep, I'll upload it sometime today after I clean it up a bit.

(12-01-2011, 10:05 AM)JCE3000GT Wrote: I just want to get the final version so I can have it printed at fedex kinkos then age the paper for a picture frame. Laugh

Or is it possible to have it printed on a cloth? It would look awsome in our office.
Wow, you sure know how to make a guy feel more confident Laugh. I almost didn't show anyone this because I'm so self-conscious about my own work.

Find

Status
Regen
Well, maybe you should stop being so hard on yourself?