Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Other Obsessions/Projects/Interests

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
Just wondering what everyone is up to when they're not doing this. I have a pretty moderate case of OCD which makes me only able to focus on one thing at a time. At the moment it's playing around with ff6, but other things I'm interested in are:

XBMC Media Center. Not just setting it up on my big screen tv, but also all the extra work that goes into my media collection. I have approx 6tb of TV shows, movies, and music. To make all of this show up as nicely as possible in the media center, I had to properly tag my music and embed album art in each mp3, for the movies I had to download all of the covers, and xml metadata (which is great for organizing into year/genre/etc) and same with TV shows, just need more covers for each season of each show.

Xbox Live... love it! I don't have much time for gaming lately, but I have a blast every time I play online

Creating wads for Wii virtual console games, I don't know why, but I prefer playing channels rather than roms. I think it's the way it just seamlessly integrates with the Wii system menu, and save games are saved the same way WiiWare and disc based games are.

Modding Final Fantasy VII PC. The community is great and the game can simply look amazing with high resolution graphics, new 3D models for the characters and NPCs, menu mods, etc. If any FF game needs a makeover, it's this one. I can literally get lost for weeks trying different combinations that make the game better than ever.

There are many many more for me, but I don't want to go on forever. So what is everyone else interested in?

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Status
Traitor
I'm working on a model of Thanatos (Dark Lich) from Secret of Mana so that I could make a mod for Skyrim for when it's construction kit comes out. :3
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Status
None
(11-24-2011, 09:49 PM)Zeemis Wrote: I'm working on a model of Thanatos (Dark Lich) from Secret of Mana so that I could make a mod for Skyrim for when it's construction kit comes out. :3
3D modelling is something I always wanted to get in to. Unfortunately it's not something that I can teach myself. When I went to college it was between graphic design and programming... I literally flipped a coin haha.

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
I personally have been crazy busy with work, but when I have time I mess with my ps3, n I do just about everything n anything u can think of, I tend 2 go out here n there 2 party (I started getting back into the scene) but mostly I just do anything I can find rlly

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 237
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
I really like programming and beside being my field of study, I also like to program simple small games such as the minesweeper or connect 4.

I'm also currently working on a FFVI hacking database using Access 2007 and it should regroup almost everything that is in the hacking documents such as maps, npcs, actors, monsters, events, treasure chests, palettes, etc.. and a lot of offsets. I'll try to do it with the most complete as possible.The only thing that would be left aside are the dissasemblies..

My other interest is trance and psytrance music. I was a dj in between 2004-2006 and I did a couple of raves but now I only mix occasionly with tracktor on my PC since I solde my turn tables (2 Pioneer CDJ-800MK for those who knows that stuff). I also composed some small track using simple beats using Reason but now I only use Reason to map the melody of song I would like to import in my hack.

I wish I could have more time to play with my PS3 and start playing Skyrim as an example or simply try on my PC some Final fantasy hacks that have beeen released.

That's about it...All that makes that I have not a big social life but it's a choice I made.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
I really don't have any other projects going on at the moment, but after my current FFVI hack is done for a while I do plan to start a Secret of Mana hack, since I got pretty much everything I need to start working on one.

Some of my other interests besides ROM hacking include: making beats, playing FPS's online (mostly CoD, I used to be a hardcore top ranked legit Socom 2 player - those were the days~), enjoying my hacked PSP, drinking tons of beer with friends (or myself) & partying, and singing and dancing. Love going to bars, hate the prices. I really love funk music, popping & locking, old-school hip hop & R&B, 'gangster rap' from the 90's, and of course video game music!

I don't really get out that much anymore lol, but there's still nothing I enjoy more than bringing a keg down to the river, having a BBQ with friends and making a day out of it. Camping is also great fun, just not in FPS's XD. I love sports, although watching them is about all I can do nowadays lol. Go Giants and Niners! I'm a huge fan of BBQ's, and keeping it old-school, be it music, movies, cartoons, or videogames. Wink I miss the 90's, and am -very- nostalgic...which is kind of a bad thing, really. But who can blame me?! The 00's and the 10's or whatever it's called now really suck balls! I feel so sorry for the kids of these latest generations. (no offence to any)

I also love to drive my gas-guzzling drop-top '92 mustang 5.0 (keeping it old-school & American) around my hometown of Santa Rosa in the bay area that I've lived in for 26 years now, nothing really beats that feeling for me. I used to like to work on the car when I first got her, I slapped on heads and headers, bigger exhaust, a new manifold and all that fun racing stuff, but now I just spend the time with my car fixing it all the damn time or getting it vandalized (neighborhood getting kinda rough), and paying outrages prices to real mechanics! ^_^ There's a lot of beautiful forested areas, and the ocean is near bye, so it's a truly great and enjoyable drive, as long as I just remember not to look at the gas level that literally drains down every 5 minutes. Wink

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Status
Regen
This is what I do when I'm not messing around with modifying ROMs.

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]