Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
EasyType naming convention

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
The posts in my site update topic has me thinking.

Perhaps the rom hacking community needs another naming convention or two for additional types of hacks.

We have the following as some examples...
Translation: Obviously we know what this is
Improvement: Basic gameplay or content improvement in the author's opinion
Face Lift: This primarily is about just changing the graphical data displayed in the game or changing the look and feel of the game to a newer style and nothing else (example Final Facelift)
HardType: Tweaking the game's statistical data to achieve a more challenging play-through while keeping the story line intact
EasyType: Tweaking the game's statistical data to achieve an easier play-through while keeping the story intact
Complete: This of course is a complete change in pretty much everything relating to the game's story, graphics, text, sound and statistical data

--------------

So where does that leave us for the types of mods that I've been creating whereas the only thing changed are the character and or monster statistical data to achieve a quick play-through of the story? I am actually taking this as a serious discussion so lets please keep this a serious topic.

God Mode doesn't seem to fit since theoretically you could still lose a battle at some point near the end, and, you are not technically invincible. What about something like, "Speed Play Edition" (SPE for short) or "Speed Play" (SP)?

Thoughts?

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(11-22-2011, 03:25 AM)JCE3000GT Wrote: So where does that leave us for the types of mods that I've been creating whereas the only thing changed are the character and or monster statistical data to achieve a quick play-through of the story?

"Speed play edition" is a good name IMO. You could also name your mods "speed run edition" because that version of the game would let the player finish the game in the fastest time possible. Maybe you should find a way to lower the random encounters in your mods as it was suggested in another thread so therefore "speed play" or "speed run" would be more than appropriated.

Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
I like "Steamroll Edition"

It's pretty descriptive, and sounds cool.