Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Palette 6

Threads: 15
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Auto-life
There is some inconvenience in using the palette six??
I saw only used for fire in ff3usme
Do not change anything else apart from the fire?
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
The game can only handle palettes from 0 to 5 through normal means. Palettes starting at 6 need to be handled differently using the event command 60 XX YY.

I'm not s spriter, so others can give a better opinion on the question.

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Palette 6 is reserved for objects like the flame NPC, the crane object like the one in zozo, the switch object, things like that. Using palette 6 on a character or NPC works fine, it's just that the playable character's (PC's) sprite color will get all messed up and look horrible in the character select and save menus, not to mention a bunch of maps that use an entrance event to change an objects palettes. So far to my knowledge, there is no way to avoid it from happening, although like anything else, I'm sure there's a way.

So for instance, if you bring a PC using palette 6 into Zozo, without editing or removing the entrance event for the map, the character's palette shares that of the crane, because the entrance event is telling the game to change all objects with palette 6 to another palette outside of 0-7. It's kind of used as a placeholder palette in a sense. That might not be 100% correct, but that's what I finally decided is going on.

Also you would of course need to recolor all objects using palette 6, ideally to another similar palette with a few reds and orange/yellow.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 15
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Auto-life
(11-09-2011, 06:54 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: The game can only handle palettes from 0 to 5 through normal means. Palettes starting at 6 need to be handled differently using the event command 60 XX YY.

I'm not s spriter, so others can give a better opinion on the question.

I mean to change the color for the replacement by NPC in the Palette FF6LE 6 and it works, but do not know if this affects other things ...
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I actually worked it out in a way that everything works

I must warn you that it is very time consuming

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC