Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Well, this is the project thread for Final Fantasy: ID. Now so that everyone knows, this is not a FFVI hack, it is a RPG Maker 2003 project, however, I will be making sprite sheets that will be usable by the FFVI hacking community. The first thing I am posting is the character designs for the playable characters and some of the important NPCs. The bottom sheet should be considered rough drafts because most of them are not compliant with the FFVI palette restrictions, plus I will be utilizing available sprites from here to assist me. So what I am mainly looking for is general impressions/advice before I begin tweaking the sprites.The individual sprites with palettes are the WIP version of each sprite.

[Image: BlackMage.png][Image: Gilgamesh.png][Image: GrayMage.png][Image: Monk1.png][Image: Ninja.png][Image: PinkMage.png][Image: Sage.png][Image: Thief.png]
[Image: Character_Designs.png]
  Find

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Unklmnky for this post:
  • Abel.Emporia (11-08-2011)

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
I like the direction you are going with this, although I would advise you to keep on making custom characters. I would certainly like to see them in FF6 sprite sheets. I see some potential but there are certainly great spriters on here who could give you some advice on spriting as well. I can't speak for them. I would love to see a soldier class in the game if possible.
  Find

Threads: 13
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Crystal
Hm I'd love to use these sprites in a hack, problem is I barely know what I am doing with hacking as is.
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
My only complaint is I hate inconsistency in certain style's of the sprites themselves. I am biased to FF6, and love the sprite template they use to make each sprite. Dark Cecil + Terra is AWESOME, and a creative mix that adheres to the style of FF6. But placing her in combat with Red Mage or Summoner would look out of place.

It's only my personal preference, but I'd like to see more sprites adapt the FF6-tempalte and not simply pallette changes. The Black Mage from FF1 could easily be redone using the Cultist battle sprite sheet available (somewhere?!) on this site. There's also a redone Rydia sprite that also attunes to the style and universe of FF6.
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 1
Status
None
(11-08-2011, 01:18 PM)CrumpledMedal Wrote: I like the direction you are going with this, although I would advise you to keep on making custom characters. I would certainly like to see them in FF6 sprite sheets. I see some potential but there are certainly great spriters on here who could give you some advice on spriting as well. I can't speak for them. I would love to see a soldier class in the game if possible.

Well, I don't feel that I'm ready to make 100% custom characters, but hopefully by the time the game is done, I will be. The most exciting thing about finding this site was seeing the quality work being done here and the hope that I could learn some good stuff.

(11-08-2011, 03:20 PM)SDeluxe Wrote: My only complaint is I hate inconsistency in certain style's of the sprites themselves. I am biased to FF6, and love the sprite template they use to make each sprite. Dark Cecil + Terra is AWESOME, and a creative mix that adheres to the style of FF6. But placing her in combat with Red Mage or Summoner would look out of place.

I agree completely, I love the look of both the FFIV/FFV and the FFVI sprites, but I'm trying to move forward with my game so I'm looking for consistency across the characters in the FFVI style. The character-design sheet is like a sketch pad really. Only the Chapter one sprites are developed, and I'll be tweaking them based off help I get here and making them available to the FFVI hacking family.

(11-08-2011, 03:20 PM)SDeluxe Wrote: It's only my personal preference, but I'd like to see more sprites adapt the FF6-tempalte and not simply pallette changes. The Black Mage from FF1 could easily be redone using the Cultist battle sprite sheet available (somewhere?!) on this site. There's also a redone Rydia sprite that also attunes to the style and universe of FF6.

No worries, by the time I'm done, they'll all look right, I've already gotten a lot of resources from here that will help. And I'm using the cultist for the big bad enemy. Tongue
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
I like how Kefka (Big Bad) looks in the Cultist robe, and also without the feather, he looks nice~.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.