Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6: Is the Best Game Ever (Gameplay/some Graphics)

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Just wanted to say that this game is done and now has a "Panzy Mode" for easier play. The only thing now will be bug fixes/balance changes as needed.

I think it will go down as the best gameplay version. Because of that, I thought I should let you guys know about it.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/707/
  Find

Status
None
Having a lot of fun with this, thanks. At Zozo.

Status
None
Thanks very much for the feedback--It's great to hear comments after time spent on creation.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
This hack was really a lot of fun to play. One thing though, was Kefka supposed to blow away three members and have four phases? It looked like that in the script, but Mog defeated his third phase with a counterattack, and he died like a regular enemy. Also, muddling your own characters and using Sraphim with them can kill entire undead enemy parties. If you were to abuse this in Darill's tomb you could gain a lot of levels very quickly, fairly early in the WoR (I didn't, though).

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
None
Thanks, I really appreciate it. Kefka is supposed to die after the 3rd phase, but in the epic way he usually does, not just a normal death animation. I've never had this part screw up on me, so I'll check up on it again. It's great you knew how to read the monster script.

Thanks for the tip about Sraphim, but that's such an abusive use of muddle that I'm not even worried about it. If there are some really strange ways to cheat I figure it's a way for smart people to progress through the game if they're stuck and want to ruin the challenge.

Also, thanks for the great review on RHDN. It praised and criticized honestly and intelligently and you're obviously the kind of player a modder makes his games for.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-19-2011, 10:11 PM)gogo13 Wrote: I think it will go down as the best gameplay version. Because of that, I thought I should let you guys know about it.

I'm a bit late for asking but I never noticed the thread until now...

Do you have a readme file with the changes you made to the game? I saw some of your posts on mnrogar and you seems to have changed interesting stuff from a hacking point of view. I'm looking for a hack that worth playing and one that is outside the usual modifications that people do.

Find

Status
None
....if you downloaded it already you would know! In the zip file is a Features file and a Readme file. Features says what's different, Readme says things you need to know so you don't cry or quit like a fool and then hate me thinking I'm the stupid one.

But if you're interested in how I hacked it, I do have explanations of the code I changed for manual changes I made, seen at my discussion thread of the game at romhacking.net
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-20-2012, 10:29 PM)gogo13 Wrote: Features says what's different, Readme says things you need to know so you don't cry or quit like a fool and then hate me thinking I'm the stupid one.

I won't, promise!

This hack looks quite interesting and I especially love those points:

gogo13 Wrote:Everything is expensive, and money is hard to get.

gogo13 Wrote:All of the rages have changed. You will be able to find a superior attack/spell in rages at each level of the game. However, at present there is a chunk of the rages mimic their monsters to the point of being a bit boring (no Quasar/Goner rages). For the most part, rages don’t have skills that come from Dance or Lore.

gogo13 Wrote:The colloseum has also changed. Every item wins another item (No Chupon-Elixirs anymore). By betting an item, you will usually be able to win a better item. The top tier items will only be able to be won by betting another top tier item, but almost every item should be winnable.

gogo13 Wrote:Slow/Haste effects have been doubled. Jump has been nerfed.

gogo13 Wrote:Nothing a player does will instantly kill a monster (except 1 Lore), unless it is petrify.

Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
you should put some screen shots up

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Tissue-aware
Well I just started a playthrough of this mod. I'm giving my honest written commentaries. It's a really good mod so far.

Part 1 Part 2
  Find