Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Attention spriters!

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
I decided to post this due to how fast it went away unnoticed in the shoutbox.

One thing I feel like saying, that I've been wanting to for a long time now, is that I wish there were more dynamic KO sprites, for all the custom sprite sheets. It seems almost everyone of them has them with their hand in the air looking forward or from the side victory pose, just turned 180* upside down. Problem is, If you get enough of them together in a scene, it looks really bad. >_<

For instance, take a look at the way Zozma does the death sprites for his custom sprites. I feel there needs to be more pride and effort in taking the time and work, to finish off a nice spritesheet, with a REAL KO sprite. I am also aware I am not a spriter, and have little room for argument, I just wanted to throw this out there.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
Yes, I also feel that some spriters should make a decent KO sprite. People are just too lazy, and they just have the characters just rotated by a bit, and just resting on their back. They should just make maybe 2 of them, one with the character lying on their stomach, or sometimes on the back, or whatever.

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
The in battle death sprite can't be reused for events? I mean, copy/paste the in-battle death sprite?

I've been working on some events for Nattak's hack and I must say, even though I'm no spriter, I can tell something's wrong with them...specifically, if you have 3 members lying down "dead", they look really weird.

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
(08-15-2011, 12:57 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: The in battle death sprite can't be reused for events? I mean, copy/paste the in-battle death sprite?

Unfortunately, no. While the mould used for the KO sprite is like this:
[ ]
[ ]
The mould for the dead sprite is like this: [ ][ ]

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
and if those people must be lazy, at least take the KO sprite and reposition it, at least then it could pass as a death sprite, but then again I typically make custom KO and Death sprites so I guess I don't really have much say in the matter lol
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Mike suggested new rules from now on when creating and submitting sprites to the site...that should be a good start.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
yall trying 2 break balls here? LMFAO

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC