Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy Flash

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
Introduction
Final Fantasy Flash is a flash that was developed by amps2003.
I would link to this persons site; however, it was a geocities site and is no longer around. That being said, this flash game was made in 2004.

When I first started to play it, I was instantly amazed by what this guy had done. I decided against my morals to download this game and decompile it so it could be edited. When I finally opened it up in Adobe Flash CS5, I quickly realized at how much work and code he had put into it. It was then that I decided that I'd finish and add on to what he started, but not without his permission. I will not distribute anything I do to his game without his consent unless he ignores the email and does not respond.
Plans
In a few months, I will be uploading this game to our site in hope that it can further bring the community together and possibly have more people register to play it. I will not ignore the fact that this is a FFVI hacking related site; however, I feel it's okay to spice up things a little by adding a few essential things like this.
Some of the key things I'll be adding in are:
-A Save feature that will be bound to your account.

-A out-of-game shop that can be accessed from this site. Your GP and tokens in-game will affect the out-of-game item shop. This shop will be different than that of the in-game item shops. It'll have really powerful items, and quest giving items.
In example, you may need a certain item from the out-of-game item shop to defeat a certain optional boss.
I hope to have a token system later implemented. This system will make it so certain bosses will drop boss tokens that can be used to purchase exceedingly rare items from the out-of-game item shop.

-A multiplayer feature. I want this game to eventually go multiplayer, as well as retain it's single player elements. I'd like to have it so you can form a part of four eventually and be able to select one of your characters from your single player party as your main in multiplayer. This is how it'll go:
4P Party: 4 people select one of their characters as their mains.
3P Party: 3 people select one of their characters as their mains while the party leader gets two characters to make it a full 4-man party.
2P Party: 2 people select two of their characters as their mains.
1P Party: This is single player.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
What programming language is used? C? C++?

Status
Traitor
ActionScript, I'm currently needing a few coders. My brother and friend are beginning to learn it now, I'm learning Flash as well.
  Find

Status
Traitor
Big news guys!
Me and my brother have decided to make this a 3d game instead of a 2d sprite game. I'll be doing all the 3d models and he'll be doing the flash programming. We both have experience in our roles. The game will not technically 3d because od the way were going to jace flash render it. I plan to take screenshots of each frame in the 3d models animation and animate those frames in flash. By doing this, I'm reducing any possible lag that the flash engine might endure. Another benefit of doing this is since they are just a bunch of individual screenshots that make up the 3d models animation, it should reduce any possible lag on the clients side. Meaning little to no lag if you have a bad pc or bad Internet. We're simulating 3d.
  Find

Threads: 13
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Crystal
Is there any way we can get an menu script added to it?
  Find

Status
Traitor
If you know action script 3.0 and wish to code the menu for this game, go ahead I'd love you :p
  Find

Status
None
How do you suppose to create 3D in Flash actionscript 3.0? This would be very impressive to see! o.O

Status
Traitor
In the following url, I'm using a flash engine called "Flare3D" to show off a basic model I have been working on.
https://www.ff6hacking.com/portfolio/example.swf
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
nice

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC