Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF4 to FF6 sprite sheets

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hi all, this is Darkmage, the creator of the FF6 Improvement project.

I've been working on some FF4 sprites in the FF6 style, since I like the sprite style and I'd love to see FF4 run in the FF6 engine. Smile

Anyway, without further ado, here's what I have so far:

Cecil (both flavors)
[Image: FF6_Cecil.png]

Yang
[Image: FF6_Yang.png]

Cid
[Image: FF6_Cid.png]

I'm working on kid-Rydia at the moment, and I'll post that once I have it done.
  Find

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
I really love your Paladin Cecil. Smile
You should submit it to the site.

The Dark Knight Cecil doesnt really look like Cecil 2 me be his decent, Cid a Yang are pretty good, they could be a better but there still pretty awesome. Wink
  Find

Status
None
Yeah, I couldn't really think of a decent way to have the battle sprites with his mask down, since some of the poses are used outside of battle. I had to compromise there.

Yang's a little light-skinned, but Squeenix wants to portray a monk as blond and blue-eyed for some reason...another compromise.

I'm actually pretty happy with how Cid came out, I was able to get the battle poses kinda looking like the original sprites, so that was a plus. Besides, I like the original look compared to how they made him in the DS version. Bleh.
  Find

Status
None
These are awesome. I much favor the Paladin sprites over the Dark Knight, but they still look really cool. I've said it in other threads, but Final Fantasy IV was for me, one of the most memorable Final Fantasy games I played as a kid, and I'm glad there's others who give it the respect it deserves.

I'm gonna have to follow this. Confused

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
great stuff Dark Mage

good 2 have u on here man Smile

oh and sorry I forgot to mention this 2 u

we dont accept attachments because it glitches the stuff up

use image shack or tiny pic to show the images (put them in this format [img]link[/img])

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
I thought I had attachments disabled. o_O
To the OP, very nice work. I could have used these a few months back. Tongue
  Find

Status
None
(06-30-2011, 04:33 PM)Zεεຕใร Wrote: I thought I had attachments disabled. o_O
To the OP, very nice work. I could have used these a few months back. Tongue

Glad you like. Smile

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that. I don't care for imageshack, so I'll have to find an alternative for people to see these as they come out.
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
You can upload them to our sites Gallery.
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/ezgall...=add&cat=1

It's best viewed in the Final Fantasy Classic theme, I still need to fix it so it looks right in this theme.
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
To be honest, I don't like Yang's sprite but your other two are good, he just needs a little bit of touching up and his moustache needs to be a bit thinner. I'm interested in what you will do with Child Rydia. I've been looking for one for a long time.
  Find

Status
None
I agree with you on Yang - it took me a while to get the shape of his head to where it didn't look flat, and the moustache doesn't match the original sprite. But there's not really any way to make the moustache thinner w/o making it look bizarre - believe me, I tried. I based that off of Cyan's sprite, and his was supposed to be thin as well.

I haven't seen anyone attempt a kid Rydia sprite sheet either, which is why I want to do it. I had not really seen a Cid sprite sheet, and I had done Yang before I started thinking that the characters who haven't been redone need the most love.
  Find