Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 Hard edit (no title yet) v 1.0

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I'd like to note that this is a work in progress; I'm doing this in sections and releasing a version after the completion of each section.

Download Link:
http://www.2shared.com/file/fLur6Gqo/Fin...II_10.html

FF6 Hack goals:
-Keep the main story intact
-Make the game difficult, but possible through intelligent play
-Make level grinding unnecessary

-Make the important "perks" you get from weapons come with disadvantages (a ring that gives you protection from confusion and stone now also mutes you, the heavy shield randomly evades attacks but also lowers your speed, etc.)

-Make every battle "important"; no battle should be a simple repeating of the same attacks

-Edit spell and attack effects to prevent any spamability

-Enhance NPC dialog so that they give actual advice for the hack rather than the random musings they currently have

-Make GP a more scarce resource to be used intelligently rather than a giant dump of resources you never need at the end of the game

Currently this ROM Hack goes up until you defeat Vargas. Any comments would be nice to hear!
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
I'll take a look @ this when I get the chance

it sounds promising though

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
I've enjoyed making it; every release has two playthroughs up to that point. One where I try to "level up" a bit by fighting a few more battles than normal, and another where I deliberately avoid as many battles as possible. I want the former to be possible, but still manageably difficult, and the latter to be near impossible without luck; speed running the game by avoiding battles should be nigh impossible, at least early on.
  Find

Status
None
sounds promising

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...20#pid9020

I'm trying to solve that issue; learning magic before meeting Ramuh. I can get Edgar to learn scan through the plumed helm, but I can't get him to be able to use it! Magic is greyed out.
  Find

Status
None
that seems strange, I've never had that problem before

are you using a 1.0 rom or a 1.1?

-HNIC

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(06-28-2011, 06:17 PM)Overswarm Wrote: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...20#pid9020

I'm trying to solve that issue; learning magic before meeting Ramuh.

You need to hack any event before the first piece of magic-teaching equipment is available in order to do that. That is, tell the game "I want the magic command/espers" to be available. Translating this into code, you want to set a specific event bit so that you start gaining AP.

I haven't looked into that, but my boy xJCSx did it once, check this thread for more info:

http://slickproductions.org/forum/index....pic=1504.0

Good Luck :p

Status
None
Ah, I fixed it. It was something I had done with a specific item I had equipped XD
  Find