Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FFVI - Certain Characters learn magic help

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I need to know if there's a way to make only certain characters able to learn magic. If so, can ANYONE help me? Any help would be appriciated.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
The easiest way is to remove the magic command from their abilities in battle? Even if you equip espers, you won't be able to access the magic menu. You can do this by downloading the Final Fantasy US Multi Editor (FF6usME) located under the tools section. Moving the thread to Hacking Discussion.

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
You could even replace the Magic command with the somewhat-broken Summon command, so they can still use their Esper. Warning: the Summon command doesn't use MP, so it's easy for a player to abuse it. Keep this in mind when you balance the abilities of Espers if you go this route.

Alternately, if you want various PCs to all learn Magic, but only certain spells, the best way to do that is to make it so that only certain pieces of equipment teach the spells you want. And then make those pieces of equipment only available to certain PCs. (This method means that you need to edit the spell lists of various Espers and also Terra's and Celes's starting magic lists so that only the equipment piece teaches a 'unique' spell.)

Status
None
(06-22-2011, 02:41 AM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: You could even replace the Magic command with the somewhat-broken Summon command, so they can still use their Esper. Warning: the Summon command doesn't use MP, so it's easy for a player to abuse it. Keep this in mind when you balance the abilities of Espers if you go this route.

There's a patch that makes the summon command usable, and I tweaked that patch if you were to use it with the improvement patch by darkmage.

(06-22-2011, 02:41 AM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: Alternately, if you want various PCs to all learn Magic, but only certain spells, the best way to do that is to make it so that only certain pieces of equipment teach the spells you want. And then make those pieces of equipment only available to certain PCs. (This method means that you need to edit the spell lists of various Espers and also Terra's and Celes's starting magic lists so that only the equipment piece teaches a 'unique' spell.)

Nice idea :p

Status
None
(06-22-2011, 06:54 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: Nice idea :p

...Sarcasm?

Threads: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
This has all been very helpful.
  Find

Status
None
(06-23-2011, 08:40 AM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: ...Sarcasm?

Take it easy, Djinn san. What I meant to say, was that It's a great idea but that I'm not used to handling usME too much, even though it's great and makes hacking so much easier.

Status
None
(06-23-2011, 07:38 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: Take it easy, Djinn san.

;[ I'M NOT ANGRY!!!!!~!

SadHmmCover

Status
None
(06-23-2011, 10:20 PM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote:
(06-23-2011, 07:38 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: Take it easy, Djinn san.

;[ I'M NOT ANGRY!!!!!~!

SadHmmCover

Haha, seems like you've got some time on your hands, get on skype nao!!! XD

Status
None
Can't, I'm at work, checking the forums sporatically during lunchbreaks and such.