Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Removing status glowiness?

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(06-17-2011, 08:39 PM)Sutebenu sempai Wrote: Or it might even help to ask the other sprite based administrator; sutebenukun but he rarely ever seems like an option; even if it does involve a sprite he made. -_-; (but seriously, come on people, I have like four tutorials up and am on equal spriting level when it comes to spriting and rules as Poco (except when it comes to the extra palette)

wuttbagon, if you will; pm me the exact method you used to export and import (especially if you used another program than FF3usME) and I will assist you the best I can.

I feel like ranting now...
*goes off to rant again*

Gomen nasai sutebenu, I was so tired that I forgot to mention that you and zeemis are also great spriters, don't take it personal.

And to answer wuutbagon's question, yes, sometimes addresses are just pointers to other addresses to do something.

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Water under the bridge, mate.
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
I wouldn't avoid status effects alltogether, that would make a pretty boring RPG. Status effects are what make it more interesting!

If you're that concerned with how the outlines look, why not just change a few pixels on your sprites? Alternately: Who cares if the glowiness doesn't look perfect? It's really not going to make-or-break your hack. Move onto a more relevant part of your hack. That's my advice anyway.

Status
None
(06-22-2011, 04:30 AM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: I wouldn't avoid status effects alltogether, that would make a pretty boring RPG. Status effects are what make it more interesting!

If you're that concerned with how the outlines look, why not just change a few pixels on your sprites? Alternately: Who cares if the glowiness doesn't look perfect? It's really not going to make-or-break your hack. Move onto a more relevant part of your hack. That's my advice anyway.

I wasn't getting rid of status effects, only the outlines. I figured (incorrectly) that it would be easier to just get rid of the code for the status outlines than to edit a sprite pixel-by-pixel to get it to not look terrible:

[Image: nopeavi.png]

I ended up just editing the sprite anyway, and now it looks fine. All of the editing is stuff I'm doing for myself just to play with the game a little bit. But it's for me, so if I'm going to play with the game just a little bit I'm going to at least perfect what's there instead of leaving it alone. Had I been working on hacking a large part of the game (and I wouldn't be the only one playing it), I probably would have cared less. At any rate, I'm still playing around with getting rid of the outlines but not as much now as I was.

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
You make "Editing a sprite, pixel by pixel" sound like the hardest thing in the world~

...you do know that that's what about 50% of this community does on a daily basis, right?