Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Intermediate Event Editing Video Tutorials

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(12-15-2010, 11:51 PM)xJCSx Wrote: Ah this awesome! Thanks soo much Angelo! You put alot of effort into this! And don't sweat the battle menu thing - Crystal is great as it.
But I think I'll go with a patch if that's easier for you. Probably is, but not sure ha. I'm using version 1.0 btw.
FF3usME says 1.1 but don't worry, it's 1.0 :p
But thanks man I like how you expanded the window to fit the Crystalyte word in menu. Does the game just stretch the window in accordance to the length of the text? Just something I've always wondered. Laugh
Thanks again.
I'm thinking that some of those issue described above, like you said, shouldn't be an issue with my game. Kind of a double edged sword though if you ever released a patch with all the item and esper names increased.
But I'd think of something ha.

Yea, a patch will be easier. I'll start working on it before friday, probably.

And no, the windows do not expand by themselves when you make changes to the text inside them. After working on the texts, you need to edit the code that handles the borders of the windows. In this case, I edited the borders of the windows containing the 'espers and magic', and the other window that contains whatever option you selected on the menu. BTW I can expand the borders of the window that contains 'bushido, lore, rage' to match the one on top of it if you'd like.

And yes, if I ever release a patch for the increase in esper names and the likes you'll have -some- trouble with it, probably the 'LV' part being removed of the menu and the 'Crystal' part in battle. If i'm still around I may be able to help though :p

When I send you the patch, please play through the game so nothing gets messed up....and always keep backup copies of your work

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermediate Event Editing VIDEO Tutorial! :) - by Angelo26 - 12-16-2010, 12:11 AM