Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Intermediate Event Editing Video Tutorials

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Ok, going back to changing the espers by crystalytes in your hack xJCSx, I had several ideas on how to do this, but almost none of them worked. I was able to do what you want for your hack, with minor problems.

I'm using my in progress hack as a base to show you what I've gotten, so keep in mind some weird stuff seen in the pictures may not be a problem at all in your hack (the LV position waaayy to the right, the esper names are not displayed completely and MP for those is missing, No Bushido, No expanded lore names, etc...)
[Image: imgshk.png][Image: imgshk.png][Image: imgshk.png][Image: imgshk.png][Image: imgshk.png][Image: imgshk.png]

Using the crystalyte name brings a glitch. Look at kefka's (terra's) picture above. Before selecting Lore, I first chose to see the crystalytes (espers), and then chose the magic option. As a result, some letters from previously selected options will "carry" on to the next ability you choose (the number is carried from the magic option, while the 'e' is carried from the crystalyte option). I'm 95% sure this can be fixed by increasing the ability names (espers, magic, bushido, etc.) from 7 letters up to 10 letters. I thought at first "this will be easy, just use a JSR/RTS command and it's done"...but everytime I try to use JSR the rom gets corrupted and everytime you try to access the meny, the game resets. I will leave this as it is for now, since I can't seem to fix it properly.

I chose not to move the data at all, and make abbreviations around (look at picture 6...Learn rate is now "Rate" and At level up is now "At Lvl up"). And in battle, you may not be able to expand the esper option in the magic menu up to crystalyte, the best I could do is just Crystal. And I'm terrible finding the finger pointing data to move the cursor around...

Let me know what you think about this...if you like things the way they are, and if you wanna apply this to your hack, PM me so you can send me your rom and I'll apply the changes. Or I can make an IPS patch for you, you decide. But send me the ROM version you're using before I start working on your patch.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermediate Event Editing VIDEO Tutorial! :) - by Angelo26 - 12-15-2010, 10:05 PM