Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Intermediate Event Editing Video Tutorials

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Cool stuff.
And thanks man for the encouragement, it's a pretty daunting task to meddle with all the events in the game..I mean it's not hard but I just don't wanna break the game. Lolz
And about the teaser videos, lol there's really not too terribly much to display at the moment. Ha I've completed Narshe fully, I'd say 85 percent of the original has changed from the beginning sequence of Narshe.
Ha Narshe was actually harder to code than Figaro. I've started on it and am getting there. Lol Figaro's map is what's hard to draw :p But here's where I will make a teaser video Smile
I'm gonna make this cutscene for Cloud (Replacing Edgar) and Tifa (Replacing Relm).
But recall the sequence in Figaro when you talk to the old lady and a cutscene comes with Edgar and Sabin in the Library?
OK well completely forget that ha, what I'm gonna do is load the Figaro Castle Map (nighttime one) with Cloud and Tifa looking over this big balcony with the Moon right above them. Here's what things get pretty cool I guess - I'm gonna work on composing Rydia's Theme from FFIV. So it'll be an awesome love song with Cloud and Tifa under the moon. What they'll be talking about is mainly why Cloud joins the Resistance and chooses to fight Caezrs to defend Strena.
Honestly, I can't go into the details enough to explain it all lol. But I want peoples' opinions on New Figaro - just to see what they think - b/c the majority of the maps will be altered and I just want a good review of what needs to be improved and the such Wink
So I guess I'll either gonna do two things - make a ZSNES save on the world map before you enter Figaro, or just let everyone play from the beginning, which they'll probably do to begin with XD
But either way's cool Smile
And yeah FEOK has already started on making me a Lenna, Krile, Faris, and Bartz sprite.
There's already a Bartz Sprite, but he's gonna make him a warrior. And Faris had a lot of distortion so he's patching her up. He's awesome man, ha I told him after those sprites he can do however many sprites of his own he wishes to make, and maybe get to an ExDeath soon. I don't wanna rush him XD or be bossy :p
And if you do find a way to make it possible to fit Crystalyte in the menu, it'd be awesome. I was primarily talking about the one on the Skills meny page lol but the one within the Espers page would be just as cool. I forgot I edited that!

EDIT:
Sorry Angelo, just saw your question concerning how I would edit the battle system. Well here's a rough idea of what I have in mind:
Bartz will be a knight, not being able to junction Crystalyte BUT his weapons will teach him Techs which will replace some spell data..not sure where to draw from yeyt.
Lenna will wield Crystalyte at it's peak - she'll be granted the Crystalyte elements. I'm really considering ASM hacking to make Espers teach Magitek (which will be called Crystal). It's just what Leno said makes me a little unsure :/
Faris will be the summoner. The summon command replaces Lore and I've already swapped over the MDE and spell data concerning the summons. She'll also have the original Summon command, named Call which she can use to summon certain Crystalyte that she can't learn.
And Krile will be a dualcaster, using the remaining Lores that aren't being used from Bartz. Once I find a command that allows the user to open a magic window in battle and cast two spells simutaneously, it'll be cool.
But unfortunately, FF6's limits half of what I seek to accomplish..it's tough stuff Sad
Nevertheless, I hope this is a good explanation.

[Image: funnysiga.jpg]

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
http://www.youtube.com/user/xJCSx1
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermediate Event Editing VIDEO Tutorial! :) - by xJCSx - 12-12-2010, 09:46 AM