Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Intermediate Event Editing Video Tutorials

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Oh yeah definitely man, I owe you a million lolz, PM me just where the event you want to take place is at, and what you want to happen. Just be aware that the possibilities are limited to however much original space was in place to begin with.
BUT I actually have learned some ways to make an original event longer. I'll try not to go into the details too much, but if the event that happens for say, a boss battle, is an event square, then using the Level Editor, I find another event square stored somewhere in the ROM that you may not care for and if it's got more space on it, then I can get the Event Adress for that and insert all that into another map.
After that, I just find the place in the hex editor, FD (the do nothing command) everything that was originally there, and make the event long as possible Smile
OK maybe I did go too into the details XD
But that's a really cool hack you got there, man! I love having names long and not having to revert to a simplified name - like I can't fit Crystalyte in the game to replace espers so I have to type Crystl...Lol which stinks. But man, I know your pain with having to restart - it's horrible. I always make a backup before doing anything risky..I wouldn't recommend doing an MS Backup on one file. While it's good in terms of memory conservation, it's not very practical in terms of what me and you do ha.
But I'm sure that improvement patch is worth it all the way. I'm definitely gonna play it.
And seriously, if you wanna make a cool dungeon with some awesome events and monsters and the such, just get ahold of me and I'll do my very best to make it all how you want.
But it sounds awesome, we can kinda help out one another at our specialties - I can script some cool events for you and maybe you could help me extend some names for weapons, spells, and espers (Crystalyte in my case lol).
Anyways, I suppose I should make it clear to everyone what I'm doing lolz.
My hack is called 'Final Fantasy Crystal Rebirth'
It's going to be a VERY extensive hack, 80 percent of the events will be edited, the battle system will be revamped to where only 2 characters have magic, espers are called Crystalyte and DON'T grant the Magic ability once equipped.
I want to reveal more of the system, but I haven't developed the 100 percent version of it. While only 2 characters wield magic, Bartz will be granted some magical ability that I haven't named yet that will be granted via weapons.
Concerning the story - it's a continuation of FFV and all the characters - Bartz, Lenna, Krile, and Faris were whisked to the world of Strena after their victory against ExDeath on their other world (well technically world 3).
But the twist is they're all separated from one another and therefore must reunite. Now you may be wondering who the antagonist is - that's ExDeath. The world of Strena is a waking world that has just obtained their four new elemental crystals in order to restore balance to the tarnished land. But for new crystals to enter a world, old ones must pass away. Now with the previous crystals gone, the seal on ExDeath no longer holds.
But Caezrs, a race of rogues who have controlled Strena since it's birth, don't know what to think about the Crystals. Yet ExDeath manipulates the race of Caezrs under the alias Xenan, takes control of them, gives a somewhat-balance to their civilization and utilize them to obtain the new crystals.
The crystals are Mist, Steel(this one might be changed), Light, and Cosmo.
But yeah I hope I covered a somewhat-informative explanation of my game.
It's still in the making big time, but here's a few pics, again nothing amazing right now..

[Image: imgshk.png]

Remember the beginning sequence with Biggs, Wedge, and Terra on Magitek Armor in the Narshe Cliffs? This is that spot...just a bit different lolz

Crystalyte is obtained VERY shortly..Tritoch is the Mist Crystal and grants Lenna the power of Mist right after he killed Biggs and Wedge Smile

Xenan/ExDeath Scene...

Bartz seeking his allies in this new world...

Well man I hope that's a good review of what my game will contain, and trust me much more is to come! Once I can just complete the battle system, all's good. Smile
But yeah, this post is huge XD

[Image: funnysiga.jpg]

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
http://www.youtube.com/user/xJCSx1
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermediate Event Editing VIDEO Tutorial! :) - by xJCSx - 12-11-2010, 05:43 PM