Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Keeping the Dark World Song after getting the Falcon

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
For the Falcon music thing, 2E8594 is indeed what you would search for WITHOUT being in
hi-ROM. This address is NOT listed in the event dump at all, as it's not an event. So don't even bother looking for the address to change the Falcon music! It was documented elsewhere, is how we can change it.

You see, Hi-ROM should only be used with the event dump, when you are trying to locate an address. Like the "cc/number" as you put it. Take a moment to open up the hex editor and put it in Hi-ROM. ("option" > "display offset as" > "SNES Hi-ROM")

Now do you see how changing it to Hi-ROM makes the hex addresses start with a C? THAT way you can match up the address with the event dump so you can search for the offset.

So let's say you wanted to find an address in the event dump, (or other documents) like CB/441D. In the hex editor you would set it to Hi-ROM and search for the offset B441D, WITHOUT the first "C" because we are already IN the C bank, right? You will see the byte(s) you want to edit there. If you do NOT, you have a Headered ROM. So If your ROM IS headered, then just go down +200 from the original address, and BAM, you'll see the byte there! it's damn easy my friend, please don't just give up after all this help I'm trying to give you. If anyone should be giving up, it's me XD

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keeping the Dark World Song after getting the Falcon (Hex) - by Gi Nattak - 05-22-2011, 03:02 PM