Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Last Five Questions and I'll be Done :)

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
(10-04-2010, 12:27 PM)Satoascorpion Wrote: Miang and Cloud? Do you mean 'Terra' and 'Locke'? LOL
Whoops, yeah I do >_< I've been playing and working on my hack for so long now, I have trouble remembering all the original names for everything.

Anyways, JCS, "but it didn't find the exact offset"
It should, I just tried. I might sound if I'm repeating somethings you have already done, no matter. Make sure you are in Hi-ROM, then Go to "Search" then "Goto to Offset" then enter "C9948."
Now, look all the way on the bottom of the editor window.
You should see Dec, Hex, Bin, and offset. The offset should say "000C9948"

And just to clarify, when you're searching for hex bytes, you're not putting comma's in between the bytes, right? I'm pretty sure you're not, but just in case.

Also.. I just tryed to find the address myself in the hex editor, and I forgot one byte of hex in that string, AND I was using my hacked ROM and the bytes are changed in that scene >_<.
Opening up a clean ROM I find these bytes @:C9C8A, which is where the ACTUAL address is. I don't know how one would get that from C9948, all I know is it's just 1 screen up from the one stated in the event dump, and that it has to do with subtracting 0xBFFE00. Like I say, I don't need to do that to find addresses. Anyways heres the bytes @:C9C8A...

"44, 00, C0,"
So "$C0" must be the Magitek Armor, "$44" is of coarse Place character, and "$00" is of coarse, Miang... I mean Terra. XD
In my hack the "$C0" byte is "$AB" Which is a Chocobo =p

So that's why the confusion, and you should be able to find that exact offset. It exists.
So what you want to do to sum this question up, is search for the offset found in the event dump, press up ONE time (go up one whole screen) and then search for 44, 00, C0, It should then be staring you right in the face. XD

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last Five Questions and I'll be Done :) - by Gi Nattak - 10-04-2010, 02:46 PM