Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
37+ New weapons - FF6 Comprehensive Arsenal Patch

Threads: 10
Thanks Received: 14
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Sneak
(04-23-2024, 11:49 PM)C-Dude Wrote: I really like that the staves swing instead of flickering, it makes them much more interesting as weapons to fight with (I hated that in the original FF6) [it's also way more efficient use of the tile space].
Your choice to use the two stray pixels that make the bottom edge of the staff as the firing sight for the shotgun is both brilliant and infuriating, though, since it makes quick and dirty graphic swaps like staff to monkey wrench more difficult.  Your optimization is staggering!

I'm looking for a weapon to replace with a cannon, though... maybe one of those oversized swords will oblige such a swap.

Overall, very impressed with this project and I haven't seen any real problems in my own tests of it.  Awesome job.

Yeah, I've optimized tiles as much as I could, and even managed to actually save some tiles in the 3bpp graphics data, which I marked with black squares. There should probably be more than enough for any weapon you want to add.

[Image: yIgtlNV.png]

Also, you may not need to replace any weapon in the patch: you can use weapon animation $25, which's unused.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: 37+ New weapons - FF6 Comprehensive Arsenal Patch - by tomilho - 04-24-2024, 01:33 AM